Lifting Equipment and Safety Manager - Vacancy

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by Bitter_and_Twisted, Feb 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought i would put this out there. I have recently left the Army (Retd from RLC) and am now employed by Maersk Oil in Qatar as the General Manager Materials and Logistics.

We have a vacancy for a Lifting Equipment and Safety Manager to start as soon as possible. This is an expat package and the benefits are rather good. Accompanied post, housing and utilities are free, car provided, fuel allowance, phone included, school fees paid for, medical and dental insurance paid for and on top of that the salary is tax free. Needless to say i cannot divulge the salary on here however unless you are a Lt Col or more then you will not be currently getting this salary.

This job best suits REME artificer or Artisan or LE Officer and must be filled within three months. If you are currently serving this may be difficult but not impossible, I retired within three months to take my current job. Please read the job description carefully because if you cannot fulfill the technical aspects then you will not be considered. Please also be aware that this is very much a "hands on" position.

If you know of anybody interested in this position then please PM me with contact details, when you may be available also need a copy of your CV as soon as possible.

Job description as follows:

Lifting Equipment and Safety Manager The candidate will be located at MOQ's purpose built shore base facility in Doha. The position offers a solid opportunity to play a key role in optimizing all aspects of lifting safety in Maersk Oil Qatar AS. Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of the Al Shaheen Field and presently engaged in one of the largest oil projects in the world with capital investments of approx. 6 billion USD, called FDP 2005, comprising the drilling of more than 160 additional production and water injection wells. The current oil production from the Al Shaheen Field is approx. 300,000 barrels/day.

MOQ is offering a practically minded and technically focused person the opportunity to join the Materials & Logistics (M&L) department as our Lifting Equipment and -Safety Manager. M&L is part of the Finance and Business Support (FBS) function. The manager will become part of an international team with some 20 employees. It will be his/her responsibility to manage all aspects of lifting equipment maintenance and lifting safety within M&L.

The main workplace will be in MOQs newly opened and purpose built 32,000 m2 shore base facility in Doha. The area of responsibility will in addition to MOQ operations also cover all suppliers and vendors if they supply lifting equipment to be used in MOQ.

Your role in Maersk Oil Qatar will focus on:

• Developing the process, facilities and competences for effective maintenance of lifting gear and offshore containers.
    • Leading M&L activities for ensuring compliance with offshore safety procedures in the shore base, by vendors and throughout MOQs transport chain.
    • Ensuring that lifting equipment and containers used in M&L are constantly certified up to date and are used correctly.
    • Identify lifting risks in MOQ and methods to reduce these.
    • Assisting in maintaining up to date and relevant offshore safety procedures in regards to lifting and materials handling.
    • Remaining abreast of EN and other international standards for lifting gear and offshore container units.

Education and Experience:

• A practical work background for example as a journeyman machinist, fitter or welder is a prerequisite for this position.
    Additional education f.x. from a technical university is a prerequisite.
    • Relevant courses and work experience in companies that manufacture, sell, test, certify or use lifting equipment and/or offshore containers.
    • Practical experience in technical quality assurance and/or lifting equipment safety
    • Several years of international work experience is preferred
    • Experience from a similar position is an advantage

Skill set/Competences:

• Experienced with management of offshore lifting equipment
    • A track record in delivering timely to set targets
    • Ability to inspire and implement practical safety policies
    • Knowledge of mechanical engineering and metallurgy
    • Knowledge of technical standards
    • Experienced with technical quality assurance
    • Ability to function in a multi-cultural environment
    • Flair for educating and development of competences throughout a diverse organization
    • Be fully versed in use of PC and MS-office software
    • Posses a good sense of order and a sense for details
    • To be persistent when needed
    • Good verbal and written English skills are a prerequisite for the position
    Doha

2. B&T

Check PMs

3. Can you PM with your e-mail so I can send my CV. I am about to start my resettlement training in Lifting Tackle Examination and H&S

4. Good day to you,

Are there any similar roles to this still open within the company, I would be very interested to hear as an Ex Art Veh's Warrant Officer.

If you could get back to me at your convenience I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks

BIRO

5. B&T could you please send me you e mail address as im ex forces qualified Safety advisor & lifting equipment examiner (leea) Adsling qualified.
    Cheers

Jim

6. B@T not sure how this site works not used it a lot can u send your E mail Address so i can send my C.V pamwechete123@hotmail.co.uk