Lifes happy phases.

Troy

LE
Edit: Post removed for persec reasons...

Last edited:

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone able to identify "happy phases" for someone with no kids, no parents as of this year, and nobody at all in their close circle who can be arrsed to make the so called "festive season" tolerable?

Did he win you over with the promise of a cheap holiday in Cyprus?
Funny you should mention that.
He started the conversation with a few words about his very recent Akr - Afg, Akr - Afg, etc and mentioned he was bringing a bottle of Filfar over for Christmas.

Well, that settled it.

Anyone able to identify "happy phases" for someone with no kids, no parents as of this year, and nobody at all in their close circle who can be arrsed to make the so called "festive season" tolerable?
Electricity for the home is three phase which enables you to be on here and watch the world from your home.
Phasers were used in star trek again you can watch this using the three phase electricity in your home.
Whisky goes through multiple phases afore it becomes pure gold
We all go through phases in our life embrace them your a long time dead
Happy phastive season lass

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Electricity for the home is three phase which enables you to be on here and watch the world from your home.
Phasers were used in star trek again you can watch this using the three phase electricity in your home.
I don't have computer or telly here, but the whisky theory is worth investigating. Slainte.

Funny you should mention that.
He started the conversation with a few words about his very recent Akr - Afg, Akr - Afg, etc and mentioned he was bringing a bottle of Filfar over for Christmas.

Well, that settled it.
Hmmm. AKR is Akure in Nigeria. Has he asked whether you'd be willing to hold $32,000,000 in your bank account for safe keeping?

D

Deleted 24582

Buy/adopt a hound.

D

Deleted 24582

Almost anything is better than the Clydesdale piss that is sold in Budweiser bottles, but is Japanese whiskey the way forward? :? Any good, is it? :?
I enjoy it, as well as Scotch and Bourbon. Just avoid the generic crap like Crown and Jack. If you can mix it with coke you should be beaten with a rubber hose.

Domestic supply in the UK is single phase 240v @ 50Hz, 3 phase is reserved for shops, industry, factories, car plants etc. Large dwellings will be 3 phase 415v, such as stately homes, Buck house, and shops like Harrods, Selfridges etc, most domestic houses don't require a 415v supply.* ( average service cut out is rated 100amp or smaller=25kw appx)

*Domestic appliances are all 240v. You can ask to have a 3 phase supply connected for a workshop in your shed in the garden, I was quoted £2500, and that requires a 3 phase meter, so you get 2 bills.....just a few notes from an old retired sparky.

Yokel

LE
Electricity for the home is single phase not three phase. If you have three phase in your home the only thing you will be watching is the fire.

Domestic supply in the UK is single phase 240v @ 50Hz, 3 phase is reserved for shops, industry, factories, car plants etc. Large dwellings will be 3 phase 415v, such as stately homes, Buck house, and shops like Harrods, Selfridges etc, most domestic houses don't require a 415v supply.* ( average service cut out is rated 100amp or smaller=25kw appx)

*Domestic appliances are all 240v. You can ask to have a 3 phase supply connected for a workshop in your shed in the garden, I was quoted £2500, and that requires a 3 phase meter, so you get 2 bills.....just a few notes from an old retired sparky.
Yes. The additional wiring and things like switch gear are only worth it for industrial type applications which use a lot of power. You have not mentioned the VA (as opposed to the Watt) or Power Factor...

@StBob072 has a valid point. Some of us are consumed with a feeling of emptiness, particularly at Christmas.

Nowt wrong with marrying a RAF bloke, my wife is married to a ex RAF bloke,
a good bloke if I may say so, :rolleyes::)
My wife is also married to an ex RAF guy, coincidence?

Your bloody lucky - with 3 children and their partners and a total of six grand children I am in a unhappy place it is costing me a small fortune.

Archie

ugly

LE
Almost anything is better than the Clydesdale piss that is sold in Budweiser bottles, but is Japanese whiskey the way forward? :? Any good, is it? :?
It’s alright if added to a good ginger wine

Your bloody lucky - with 3 children and their partners and a total of six grand children I am in a unhappy place it is costing me a small fortune.

Archie

Try 6 kids, all with partners, and 7 grandchildren, ( And another due in February) and on the wife's side, 8 siblings, all with partners, and she has 22 nieces and nephews, on my side, 4 sisters one brother all married, and a further 12 nieces and nephews, and YOU think its bloody expensive! ( and no cracks about the TV not working, heard all the jokes before lads!)

Latest Threads