Life on Mars

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DRIVER_B_III_RASC, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last episode of this stunning show tonight. Any bets of how it will end up?
    My view is that the Nasty Barsteward who turned up last week as a senior plod is, in fact, Sam in later life, any advances?

2. I reckon The DCI, Gene Hunt now old and bold, will turn up at his hospital bed after hearing about a coppers plight and wake him from his coma.

3. Isn't the old copper is doctor?

I definitely agree with Gene Hunt being in his future, if he gets there that is.

4. Thats a better version than mine, are you a script writer in disguise?

5. I reckon Sam doesn't get back but goes off to be a copper somewhere in the sticks - like Cardiff. And then bumps into himself when he's in a coma

6. Some quotes from DCI Gene Hunt:

Suspect: I want a lawyer
    Hunt: I wanna hump Britt Ekland - what are we going to do?

Hunt: There will never be a woman prime minister as long as I have a hole in my a*se

Hunt: I think you've forgotten who you're talking to
    Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?
    Hunt: You make that sound like a bad thing

Tyler: Woman in her 20's, dead
    Hunt: Well I didn't think she was sunbathing, did I

Hunt: He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course.

(Questioning a suspect in a cold store)
    Hunt: My friend here is going to ask you a few questions. Personally I hope you don't answer them because I want you to die and end up in a pork pie.

Hunt: Don't move, you're surrounded by armed b*st*rds

Hunt: Now is not the time to have a one night stand with you're conscience.

7. Hunt and the rest are the medical team whilst he is in coma.

Unless of course they follow up with Ashes to Ashes , apprently about Hunt during the thatcher years

Trotsky

8. He will have to choose between saving Hunt's life or going back to his own time.

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Who cares? It is just so bloody good!

10. I wouldn't be happy with a sci-fi type ending - the best for me would be Sam comes round & finds an aged Gene Hunt - he is now a hospital visitor & has been recounting life in the '70s as stimulation for the comatosed Sam.
    That way we can still have the Ashes to Ashes spinoff as Gene is real.

11. The ashes to ashes spin off will continue but without tyler. That was in the paper at the weekend. Although it was the Sun so how accurate that is is anyones guess

12. The copper from last week is the surgeon and Hunt and his team are the tumour that stops Sam from coming round and until he sets the team up for a fall and getting rid of them he wont wake up!

P.S I am not a geek!

13. You might have somthing there, i cant wait 'til tonight.

Thats the quality of the series for me, always guessing.

14. Sam goes single handed into a life threatening situation with gun-toting bast*rds and either vanishes off the face off the earth (as mysteriously as he appeared!) or he get's slotted.

Either way, going through his case notes Chris (the really sharp one) finds a note from Sam to the team asking them all to turn up at an as yet unbuilt hospital in 30 years time at a particular time to visit a desperate person in dire straits. They all think Sam's gone la-la and dismiss it.........but then, 30 years on, one strange, moonlit night, they've all remembered the note and the date mentioned and as the night moves on, one by one they all turn up, wrinkled and grey, from their separate lives to meet once more at the bedside of this stranger, prophecised by Sam 30 years ago to be in need of their 'charms'.

Gene Hunt will take one look at him and say,"Lazy tw*t, Thirty years we've been doing all the work while this bone idle git lies here havin' a bleedin' kip!"....swig of whisky from hip flask!

Another line by GH - "He moves as fast as a spastic in a magnet factory"