Life On Mars - Tomorrow 2100 BBC1

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_guru, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the risk of being a serial TV show thread starter... I would like to remind all and sundry of the start of the second (and final series) of this excellent show. I have series one on DVD and it is a cracking show. Plus that Annie is a bit of alright....
  2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Never seen it Guru.Must give it a look,cant ge any worse than the sh1te thats on already!
  3. Yip, Annie is a bit curvier than your average FM stick insect but most definitely worthy of our best attentions.

Top show.

Why can't all coppers these days be like the guv'nor? You just have to love his sense of fair play and justice.
  4. Pictures Guru, pictures... (and with a title like that she better not be one of the Clangers).
  5. Set in a time before political correctness was invented. Ah, nostalgia. I wonder if they pull the plug on his machine.

I also wonder if Ch 4 borrowed the idea for Bonkers? That said, I think LoM is funnier.
  6. Thanks Guru - you have just reminded me. I saw the first series as it was broadcast and it was fab. A 'Must-see' show, and not just because of Annie's norks. Check out the car !
  7. [​IMG]
  8. The voluptuous Annie...

Her whiny Pseudo Manc accent give me a twitch.

9. I have to say that I consider this program to be little short of tripe. I am reliably informed, however, that this is because it is designed for the older gentleman who can reminisce about the '70s and how wonderful life was back then what with the public service strikes, mass unemployment, three day weeks, hippies, Vietnam, flares, tank tops and the like.

Thinking about it, I may not be in the target demographic...
  10. I thank you!... I'm getting an exciting whiff of fox pish there...
  11. Thinking about it, you just might be misguided cnut. Maybe.

Dan, Dan, Dan,.................Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan Dan, Dan, Dan.....
  12. I like the show too and policing was exactly like that in 1973. I know cos I was there.
  13. I heard an interview with the writers, and apparently they wanted to write the Sweeney but it had already been done!!

Best quote from the first series, as they are about to go break up a footie fight:

Cop from now 'Where's their protective equipment?' Watching bunch of bobbies with pick helves

Answer from 70s WPC 'What do you mean? They've got their helmets on!'

Pure class.
  14. I like the programme, and that Annie can handcuff me to her bed anytime she likes. :lick:
  15. It's a plagurised idea. It's Adam Adamant in reverse! I know, I was there in 1968 as a schoolboy when the BBC screened it!

However, having seen a couple of episodes of the first series of Life on Mars, I must admit that it is a very entertaining show and quite addictive viewing, particularly when new millennium ideology and doctrine collide at high velocity with that which existed in the 1970s.

Regards and best wishes