• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Life On Mars- Spam Edition

#1
Was dreading the debut of the ABC adaptation of this modern classic next month. However, they've just started showing ad spots for and there may be one saving grace in the casting.

Lt Gene Hunt will be played by... Harvey Keitel.

I must say, my interest has increased. 8)
 
#2
If anyone could broadcast the G.F. Newman stuff again - Sir You Bxstard - A Villains Tale - a Brief's Tale - A Coppers Tale.

And if you can get it - ' Adam's Tale ' I think it was written by a newscaster.
 
#3
I agree with you there, Crabsy. If anybody can pull off the role in Septic, it's Harvey Keitel. I wonder what made them choose him?

MsG
 
#6
If you can pick up any of the books written by Bertie Smalls or Maurice O'Mahoney. Both serious bank robbers in the late sixties and seventies, do so.

I remember one of them writing about a job on a Nat West in the Harrow Road. They pulled up outside it and it was raining - there was an old copper standing out of the rain under a greengrocer's canapy next to the bank.

The word was - when we get out and start it, shoot him. He was an old boy - by the time they got out of the Ford transit he had disappeared.

It was lively in those days, when you responded to a Central Station Hold Up Alarm it was full on. Chances are - they would be there. I remember a mate of mine being driven to a bank robbery in Kennington. He was an authorised shot in those days. As they raced towards the bank - he saw the bandit car coming the opposite way.

As he said - I looked at one of them - he looked back at me and he couldn't give a **** - such was the look on his face.
 
#7
Schleswig-Holstein said:
Bugsy said:
I agree with you there, Crabsy. If anybody can pull off the role in Septic, it's Harvey Keitel. I wonder what made them choose him?

MsG
Probably this bit of cinematic quality!
Wow! Now that was brilliant. He'll definitely make a worthy Gene Hunt.

Cheers a bunch for posting that, SH!

MsG
 
#8
Bugsy said:
Wow! Now that was brilliant. He'll definitely make a worthy Gene Hunt.

Cheers a bunch for posting that, SH!

MsG
Bugsy,

if you haven't seen Bad Lieutenant, run to XtraVision now...

it is one of the baddesst-ARRSEd films known to man.

S-H
 
#10
JoseyWales said:
If anyone could broadcast the G.F. Newman stuff again - Sir You Bxstard - A Villains Tale - a Brief's Tale - A Coppers Tale.

And if you can get it - ' Adam's Tale ' I think it was written by a newscaster.


Gordon Honeycombe, serious journo/TV newsbloke. Wrote the true story on Adam's behalf. MK
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Top