Life On Mars - Good but not brilliant

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PandaLOVE, Feb 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The second series of Life On Mars was on the telly tonight. Long awaited personally. However, great twist at the end, still enjoyed it for nostalgia and Gene Hunts un PC one liners..... but thought it could be so much better.

2. Same here. I had been so looking forward to it, but was a little bit disappointed. My wife watched episode 2 on BBC4 straight afterwards and says that it was much better - episode one was obviously a bit of a scene-setter for all those who missed series one and the second episode has settled down. I have to wait until next week, as I can't get BBC4 up here. Still, on the up side, I do get to pay for it so she can watch at home...

3. Was better at the end, though. I found a mistake though, wrong type of warrant card for 1973. And I'm not sure we had 'muggings' back then, but Robbery Person.

4. More excellent TV. If the next episode was better than that then it must be outstanding.

I've seen on another Forum someone noticed that the one of the watches being worn was only marketed at the end of 1973 and therefore couldn't be worn. How geeky is that?

5. Top program. The phonecall at the end got me thinking though. Gene Hunt certainly makes it a worthwhile watch. :thumleft:

6. Missed the first series
    Saw an ad for it last night and was curious when its said on BBC 1 in Colour? So I watched and then all too soon it was the end.

Will be watching it again may even try and catch the last series somewhere.

have to say though - Keep expecting to see Dennis Waterman and John Thaw jump out the old Granada GLX (oh happy days)

Cheers

7. disagree - top notch TV!

8. It does it for me.

I was 20 and it brings back so many memories.

The best?
    In the last series they went to football wearing team scarves.
    Spot on.

We didn't need team shirts!

9. Just possibly
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugging

10. I watched it for the first time last night and was hooked; everything about it just reeked of non-PC excellence ! The BBC4 ep with the bank job was even better. Roll on next Tuesday! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

11. That describes my position exactly. So I've ordered the DVD set of the first series, which I hope to watch before Tuesday.

A friend was waxing lyrical to me about the first series, but I was quite surprised that (especially the BBC4) was gripping as well as funny.

12. It was tops, loved the fight scene between the 2 eastern european henchmen - Phil glennister still had an unlit siggy in his gob through it all.
    Class!

13. ...and check out the Chief Inspectors excellent mode of transport! T'was a sweet but mediocre 3 litre P5 (1959-1967). He'd have been driving the P5B V8 in 1973 or maybe even the Rover P6B V8.

Loved the Triumpgh GT6 too, it's a baby E Type but prettier. 2.5 litre straight six is good for 210+ bhp with mods. Not in '73 though!

14. I think Ep 1 series 2 had to be a catch up as it now has a bit of 'Cult' status... :yawnstretch:

I have watched it from the begining and got quite a few hooked duringh the year... :numberone:

Shame they are limiting it to 2 series :thumbdown: , but the twists so far are leading it in a diffrent direction this time round.

Roll on Ep 3! :blowkiss:

15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

BBC 4 episode was more back on form
    ''You are surrounded by armed Bastards''
    The phone call at the end of episode one has added a new dimension
    Heard a rumor the septics are doing a version 60 episodes long?