Life in the Parachute Regiment....

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by oranutanm3, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone shed some light on a day in the life as a Para (serious answers please). I have a applied for Para reg and am at ADSC on the 3rd March?
  2. cya their mate lol
    im gunna be like the youngest their look out for me
  3. And ill proberly be 1 of the oldest there!
  4. ARRSE being ARRSE, you may take a little incoming for this post.

I think there is probably no such thing as a normal day in the life of Para Reg or any other reg. I know mine were varied, that is when I was in barracks and not on tour, on stag, on exercise, on a course, on leave, on secondment to another unit, on the lash etc etc - are you seeing my point?

At a guess, Para reg would be physically orientated, emphasis on training and a lot of time in the field as opposed to other units who would be maintaining vehicles (wild guess as I only know armoured corps routine)

Anyway, hope you get your answer and the best of luck
  5. Thanks for a reply. I have absolutely no idea on what life after training will be like other than lots and lots more training pt, etc. how long before new recruits tour?
  6. As soon as your needed and 18 or over i would imagine :)
  7. Well, 16 AA Bde is going back to Helmand in October 2010; if you pass CIC you'll be going with them.
  8. Straight in at the deep end. Sweet