life in the infantry

Eternal Glory.

More gorgeous girls than you can handle.

To be cold, wet, tired and miserable for long periods in unexotic training areas.

Seriously, Officer or soldier? which regiment? where?

What should you expect? I suggest that reading this forum will answer that. All of life's rich tapestry is here. If pushed for time - read the best of arrse thread.

used to watch a shit load of telly, Stag on, get pissed. Sweet

Depends whether you believe Andrew Gilligan or not.

My experience of Phase 2 training at Catterick would suggest that you don't.

ugly

LE
Joker said:
The knowledge that the rest of the army is there to get you on to position..
:lol:
and then drop short on you, mis direct your rations, divert your relief and generally **** you off!

ugly said:
Joker said:
The knowledge that the rest of the army is there to get you on to position..
:lol:
and then drop short on you, mis direct your rations, divert your relief and generally * you off!
:D :D :D

seriously though - Wales, the Plain, Galloway Forest, Otterburn, places you either would never have heard of or wanted to see, if you weren't Inf!

Plastic Yank said:
[
seriously though - Wales, the Plain, Galloway Forest, Otterburn, places you either would never have heard of or wanted to see, if you weren't Inf!
and being Inf never want to see again..........

Bravo_Bravo said:
Plastic Yank said:
[
and being Inf never want to see again..........
he he :lol: :lol: :lol: d'oh i moved to Wiltshire 8O

Be expected to be Cold ,Wet, and fcuked, but serving with the best men in the army,We may not be the most spectacular arm of the army,But the INFANTRY is the British armys backbone,We are the one's who go in first and come out last.
But, Apart from crap pay, and all of the above, I would'nt want to be anything else :!:

" IT IS THE INFANTRY WHO SET THE STANDARD FOR AN ARMY"

FIELD-MARSHAL VISCOUNT SLIM.

You'll see a lot of sunrises in a lot of places you'd never otherwise go to.

You'll meet, and find out that you like, a lot of people you would never otherwise associate with.

You'll find out several new meanings for the words 'frustration and kn@ckered'.

And some day you'll stand in a crowd as your Regiment marches past and feel hugely proud that you were part of it, and it is part of you.

And to quote one of the best G3 Snobbery posts of all time:

Yes, other stuff is critical - but dull. They make films like "Platoon" and "Saving Private Ryan", not "Field Troop" and "POLing Private Ryan"

'nuff said

I love the Infantry as you sometimes get to do what I always wanted as a kid... to be able to act like a kid forever.

You might be lucky enough to shoot the Queen's enemy, or f*ck a REMFs chick. Or both.

You'll meet top lads and have a great time. But the best thing is, you'll be able to look down on the rest of the Army with a self-satisfied sneer.

Sorry have I missed something here.....Oh there is actually someone else in the Army and not just Infantry....what do they do then!!!

There is no-one else in the Army aprt from the Infantry. The rest are just civil servants with a uniform!

Be gone you non-inf type.