life in the infantry

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by eddy, Dec 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what should i expect when i join the infantry?
  2. Eternal Glory.

More gorgeous girls than you can handle.

To be cold, wet, tired and miserable for long periods in unexotic training areas.

Seriously, Officer or soldier? which regiment? where?
  3. sore feet , bad breath and piles :D
  4. soldier,southeast england
  5. back to back tours and being shunted into a new regiment every six years or so
  6. What should you expect? I suggest that reading this forum will answer that. All of life's rich tapestry is here. If pushed for time - read the best of arrse thread.
  7. used to watch a shit load of telly, Stag on, get pissed. Sweet
  8. Depends whether you believe Andrew Gilligan or not.

My experience of Phase 2 training at Catterick would suggest that you don't.
  9. The knowledge that the rest of the army is there to get you on to position..
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

and then drop short on you, mis direct your rations, divert your relief and generally **** you off!
  11. :D :D :D

seriously though - Wales, the Plain, Galloway Forest, Otterburn, places you either would never have heard of or wanted to see, if you weren't Inf!
  12. and being Inf never want to see again..........
  13. he he :lol: :lol: :lol: d'oh i moved to Wiltshire 8O
  14. Be expected to be Cold ,Wet, and fcuked, but serving with the best men in the army,We may not be the most spectacular arm of the army,But the INFANTRY is the British armys backbone,We are the one's who go in first and come out last.
    But, Apart from crap pay, and all of the above, I would'nt want to be anything else :!:

15. You'll see a lot of sunrises in a lot of places you'd never otherwise go to.

You'll meet, and find out that you like, a lot of people you would never otherwise associate with.

You'll find out several new meanings for the words 'frustration and kn@ckered'.

And some day you'll stand in a crowd as your Regiment marches past and feel hugely proud that you were part of it, and it is part of you.