life in a battalion

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by bateson, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok, so im at that stage in my application to deside what i plan on doing for the rest of my life, gulp...

After lots and lots of looking i think i know pritty much what training will consist of (for most regiments). What happens after training though? That still isnt happening for me! I would like to know what day to day live is like in the army, i know regular working hours are like 8-5? But what exactly does workk consist of?
    for example how would my life vary if i was a infanteer or a engineer.

thanks
    bateson

2. Fuck me you're dim. You will be lucky to be issued a shovel. Why the seniors forum too ?

3. ok im dim? explain why, its a question that does not have an answer i can find but that people here can provide.

and i put it here as this is the one place were from the titles most members would be, that arnt here to make very random untought out comments thats just are not called for.

4. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

5. Are you pissed or do you have learning difficulties ?

6. I was talking to him, not you!

7. he he!(ten)

8. im 19, if were refuring to bad spelling i can only appologise im awful at spelling

9. You're in the wrong thread mate. You need to find the Regular Joining Up thread, run by Disco.

All you will get in here are bitter and twisted old men who have had a few too many in the Sqn Bar on International Drinking Night.

PM The Iron for details on joining up. Don't become SPS unless you want me and B&T to give you remedial spelling lessons.

Hope this helps.

Dale.

P.S Oh, and it wasn't a heart transplant I had, it was my kitchen (and as good as my heart) being ripped out. Normal service will be resumed shortly I hope.

10. ok thanks pal, i just figerd that the joining forum would be full of people in the same situation. i guess i expected a few "seniors" thats could give me of there experiences

11. I'll forgive you the "pal" this time, and have passed your details onto Disco.

Good luck.

12. i have not no, what do you mean by pass my details?

13. bateson, have a read through popular joining up threads

Then have a look at the official Army website and their facebook page. Lots of info on there plus videos from serving soldiers etc.

Cheers

14. Feel a bit disheartened that this lad couldn't be given some advice and help from the 'Seniors' forum.

It's not like this is the Mess, and he's gone whoopsey on the floor is it?

Bateson, feel free to drop me a PM, if you don't find all the answers you seek.

15. Ask in the NAAFI or the joining up threads. People in the Seniors have survived many years in the Army. The only interest they have in you is have yer got a fuckable girlfriend.