Life for sex attack on woman, 101

Sick sick sick.

Life for sex attack on woman, 101
A man has been jailed for life for attempting to rape a 101-year-old woman after breaking into her home.
Paul Blackwood, 35, was told he would have to serve at least seven years before being considered for parole.

Blackwood, of Parliament Street, West Bromwich, West Midlands, was convicted in June after his victim gave evidence.

Judge Elizabeth Fisher, sitting at Birmingham Crown Court, said Blackwood posed a significant risk of serious harm to the public.

He will also register as a sex offender for life.
Link

It's a pity that a daily compulsory shoeing from an elected member of the victims family could run concurrently with the seven years at least.

I'm chuffed he's been named and shamed. Another on my 'special list'. Crimes against old people and children are disgusting. He should jave got 20 years.

The sentance is far too long. I would like to commute it to ten minutes...in a locked room with me and a baseball bat. With six-inch nails, ala Escape From New York, driven through the top of the bat.
I'll even give him a shot at early release; if the fcuker's still breathng after 10 minutes, I'll open the door and he can crawl away and die a free man.
And people say I'm not compassionate...

From the link:
Earlier, Vincent Coughlin, defending, said of his client: "The offence of which he has been convicted was on any view one of utter depravity, violently undertaken against a defenceless, solitary and infirm victim.

"There is nothing I can put forward to counter the report that assesses him as posing a high risk - he presents on any analysis a danger to frail and vulnerable females."
The scumbag had been convicted by this time. Wonder what the lawyer had to say by way of defence prior to that or if he pulled his punches in the interests of what passes for justice.

A particulary nasty piece of work (Blackwood-not the lawyer).

Seadog said:
From the link:
Earlier, Vincent Coughlin, defending, said of his client: "The offence of which he has been convicted was on any view one of utter depravity, violently undertaken against a defenceless, solitary and infirm victim.

"There is nothing I can put forward to counter the report that assesses him as posing a high risk - he presents on any analysis a danger to frail and vulnerable females."
The scumbag had been convicted by this time. Wonder what the lawyer had to say by way of defence prior to that or if he pulled his punches in the interests of what passes for justice.

A particulary nasty piece of work (Blackwood-not the lawyer).
If that's the defending lawyer, I would hate to hear the prosecuting lawyer's take!

If only it were Death rather than Life.

Annual cost of his incarceration & legal niceties would be better spent on employing a nurse (or two).