Life for killing soldier = out in months?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by batfink, Jul 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. you can kill british soldiers with impunity,

you CAN'T kill at all as a british soldier
    (without a lawyer present and a signed affadavit from victim saying he was going to be mean to you)

and even if this all works you have to check every third day to see if you jobs been converted to group 4!

Gimme that shilling please!
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The security brief I saw back in the mid 90's featured this particular crime as a casestudy. It included the do's and don'ts and all of this was with the full colour forensic SOC photo's.

I'll omit the details for decencies sake but this McGee is a right Cnut
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

This doesn't surprise me one bit. But then there are double standards everywhere. Many will recall the brutal murder of Cpls Woods and Howe by a mob in Andersontown in 1988. (not that different in circumstance from the killing of the US contractors in Fallujah).

In 1990 an IRA man called Sean O'Cealleagh was jailed for involvement in these murders. In 1998 he was released and moved to the US. Earlier this year US Immigration attempted to have him deported from the US on the basis of this terrorist conviction. In April this year, US Judge Rose Peters ruled in Los Angeles that the crime was 'purely political' and that therefore O'Cealleagh was free to stay living in the US.

Perhaps the 'War on Terror' is a little more selective than we thought.
  4. And the Spams are happy to come knocking on our door whenever they want one of our mad mullahs. They're welcome to them but that is not the point!
  5. bloody sickening
    nothing esle to say on the matter, just

6. Disgusting and insulting for the family.
  7. Should have treated him like a mad dog in 1992 and shot the bastard. Then we would not be having this conversation and he would be where he belongs - being poked up the arrse with red hot pokers by Satin's little Imps as he stokes Hell's furnaces. :evil:
  8. I find this result quite depressing really. I was working in Derby at the time of the shooting and i remember it well (Although i was only a wannabee recruit at the time ) and the whole affair was quite appalling.

Im not quite sure why (He) should serve his 'sentence' in NI when
    the victim's wife must serve hers elsewhere in the UK, and it's positively Pissh that he wont serve any more time for an offence, (although committed before the Good Friday agreement was signed in 1998), that was tried in 2004.

Glad to see that the value of my LIFE is potentially so small; but then again you can ask the opinion of the family of the last soldier shot by terrorism ( in NI).
  9. Time dims the memory but was this amnesty for all, ie, both sides or did Tone Dear Tone sell us down the river?
  10. Amazing how these low-life make heroic-sounding statements about 'not recognising English law', but are the first to hide behind it, when it suits their purpose. But then, a coward will hide behind anything.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Of course Tone the Cnut sold us down river - he only shows backbone against the British people.

Whip round to get him topped ?
  12. That is the "Good Friday" agreement for you. It was because of this very type of situation that I voted against it.

Sickening isnt it? Well its fully supported by both the Labour Party and the Tories.
  13. It makes a totally mockery of the hard work police put in to bring this b****** to trial and a smack in the face for the poor blokes family.

Its a bloody disgrace
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

It might be supported by the Tory party but it probably isn't supported by all the members of that party - if I recall the tories lost a few MP's, Lords and government personnel over the years.