• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Life experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i've read on here so far im getting the idea that the army wants it officers to have a bit of life experience. Now im wondering, since i don't want to go to uni, when i finish college should i appply straight away or should i spend a year getting a job/traveling? Which of these would look better on a CV to the army? Im really sorry if this gets asked alot.

Sign on as a deckhand on a Norwegian prawn trawler...you won't regret it and it will show a pirit of adventure.

Ooops...spirit...I meant spirit. Pirit is not a Norwegian prawn trawling technical expression, sorry for that!

If you really don't want to go to University then join up right away. Don't mong about for a couple of years and then try to join - it won't look very impressive.

You can always get a degree during your service.

Of course I may be talking out of my ARRSE.

cpunk

LE
AOSB would have been more impressed if you'd noticed that there is a whole sticky thread devoted to this vexed issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.