Life expectancy gap 'wider than in Great Depression'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pp0470, Jul 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The life expectancy inequality gap in Britain is greater than it was during the post-World War I slump and the Great Depression, a study suggests.

Despite the continued rise in life expectancy, it is well documented that the gap between richest and poorest has actually been widening in recent years.

BBC News - Life expectancy gap 'wider than in Great Depression'

‎80 yrs ago it was probably due to poor working conditions, no health care, etc. Today it's down to crisps & alchopops. Sad, innit.
  2. Does that mean the Chavs will die out?

3. Nah, not even a bright side to this as they still breed like rabbits.
  4. Male, average life expectancy in Glasgow dropped by about 10 years while Labour was in power. It's now famously lower than life expectancy in Gaza. It's got more to do with heroin than crisps or poverty though. From their first dose to their last, heroin addicts survive about 15 years. As many of them start in their early teens, they don't live to see their 30th birthday.
  5. That well may be so A_M , but I bet they still voted for the lot that are responsible for this decline.
    "Tough on the causes of crime......." [which drug addiction contributes massively to it]
  6. It just means that they will squeeze in four generations vs the middle to upper's three.

Oh wait, they're doing that already!

7. Bleedin' 'ell. What would Mr Attlee have said?
  8. I think he'd have looked at them and said, "Good riddance!"