Life as an RMP

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by piesandchips54, May 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, as the topic suggests, Imlooking for info on the life of an RMP. Im ex RLC, that was 4 yeras ago now(I hate myself for discharging, but thats life!!) Looking to re-join and considering RMP. As ever the booklet in the careers office makes the job look sexy, but then the books in the careers office make the stores look sexy! Im so keen to get my 95's back on but dont want to make the same mistake as last time and sign myself up to something Id ont really like! I did consider the civi police, but if I were civi police I wouldnt be in the Army.....and I want to be in the Army! Iv been reading some of the posts in the forum and it sounds like all RMP's are just pencil pushers! Please tell me I'v got the wrong impression!!
  2. The job itself can be exciting, and there is nothing better than jumping into a fight and 'sorting' it out, its just the paperwork associated with the job, as there is with the Civvi bill. We do generate alot of paperwork, i'll not bullshite you but once you get use to it you can knock it out pretty sharpish.
  3. The paperwork is a nightmare and it aint going to get any better. Whereabouts in the country are you? Have you considered RMP TA?
  4. Cant be doing with the TA, no offence to any TA members, but Im looking for full reg only.Iv regretted leaving the forces since about month 2 of civi life.Maybe MP isnt for me then, or perhaps it is.Christ, joining the army isnt as easy as they make out is it!?
  5. Just do it, whats the worst that can happen?
  6. Yes mate, you do have the wrong impression. Half of them can't write.
  7. Feckin bunch o twats, couldnt punch their way out of a wet paper bag.
  8. Awww, are you a recent job number.

Fcukin Troll.
  9. Has the missus just seen your AFA 6212 with "Arrested on suspicion of posession of indecent images of children" ??
  10. you lot couldnt be real soldiers, so you became monkeys.
  11. So very true :D full of throbbers with inferioty complexes who got their stripes out of a Rice Crispy packet and were probably all bullied at school :D
  12. Firstly, as many old and bold will with much frustration agree, there is no such thing as an Royal Military Police (man/woman).

You will have a lot of paperwork but thats what policing seems to be in this day and age, irrespective of civ/mil genre. Although the advice I was given by a 1970's proper community bobby that a good polieman never has to use his notebook has much merit.

You will have exciting times and boring times which is only to be expected, moreso in RMP because your general Bill Oddie doesn't do too much crime twixt 2-7 am, especially on a Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed . . . that's when you can do above writing drills.

At the end of the day you should be joining a police organisation to help people who have suffered injustice. If that's your calling then do it. If you want to be a soldier first then try something else.

13. Typical monkey, making up a charge to get brownie points. It was never proved anyway :D
  14. But who do you come crying to when somebody bitch slaps you in the NAAFI Bop or steals the mobile phone that you are too fcukin dumb to secure.
  15. Sikks munffs ago ah koodint evn spel miltury ay r wun!