Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

life as an EWO?

Disco said:
Your challenging his choice of trade on the prospects outside the Army and then get an arrse on when highlighted he will be fine with his choice of EW Sys Op.

He is about to go through phase 1, we shouldnt pull the rug from under his feet putting doubt into his mind.

:D

Please be more clear. I don't think I "challenged" the trade choice, I don't think I "pulled the rug" either.

EW is a good trade. I was just saying that tech is better (IMO) in the long term and that is just my POV.

Perturbed said:
Disco said:
Your challenging his choice of trade on the prospects outside the Army and then get an arrse on when highlighted he will be fine with his choice of EW Sys Op.

He is about to go through phase 1, we shouldnt pull the rug from under his feet putting doubt into his mind.

Please be more clear. I don't think I "challenged" the trade choice, I don't think I "pulled the rug" either.

EW is a good trade. I was just saying that tech is better (IMO) in the long term and that is just my POV.

I see more ex EW ops in my day to day work than any other corps trade and I am now in a technical demanding role which is populated with ex military from all 3 services. :lol:

The mobile phone industry is awash with ex operators, the techs seem to go into the field side of things, where as an ex operator I am quite happy sitting in front of the pc doing the work whilst somebody else gets cold and wet outside (please substitute hot and sweaty as the location suits) doing my bidding. Some would say nothings changed, but they are wrong it has, I now choose not to get cold and wet :wink:

beaker656 said:
Perturbed said:
Disco said:

I see more ex EW ops in my day to day work than any other corps trade and I am now in a technical demanding role which is populated with ex military from all 3 services. :lol:

The mobile phone industry is awash with ex operators, the techs seem to go into the field side of things, where as an ex operator I am quite happy sitting in front of the pc doing the work whilst somebody else gets cold and wet outside (please substitute hot and sweaty as the location suits) doing my bidding. Some would say nothings changed, but they are wrong it has, I now choose not to get cold and wet :wink:

sent you a PM! cheers