Life as a married Guard (Gren)

Hi everyone,
Yes another new member on the forum about to ask a million and one questions about Army life so sorry in advance! I have done as much research as possible via this forum, the Army website and Google however there are a couple questions that I am still on the hunt for.

Firstly I will tell you why I have decided on Guardsman. Maybe you will have another suggestion for me. I enjoy being outside and I'm used to this as I am in construction, I am very fit and take fitness pretty seriously and spend any free time I get away from work and family playing sport. I Box, play Cricket and play Football. I have chosen the Guards as I love the the ceremonial stuff and also want a combat role. I had toyed with the idea of becoming a rock ape and joining the Queens Colour Brigade but after being told how pointless and boring life in the Regiment I decided against this! I'd like to eventually do P Company and join the Guards Para. Also I am married and have a toddler So I think for myself the Guards is the right role.

Now on to the questions!
1. When will i be able to move into married quarters? I understand that I will spend the first 30 weeks of training in Catterick and will not be able to but when I get posted to Nijmegen and then onto Aldershot will I be able to?

2. What are the married quarters like at both of these barracks?

3. When I am based at Nijmegen what is day to day life like? Will I get much opportunity to play sport and go on exercise or is it day in day out guard duty and drill?

Sorry for such a long winded post but thought it was best to give as much info as possible

Thanks in advance

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Have you tried asking at the recruitment office?
They will probably be more up to date than on here.