• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

life after RA

basically i was wondering that if you decide to leave the RA will you be in good steed for a good civvy job?and also what qualifications can you get in the RA?

cheers
c1990

There is no life out side the Royal Regiment

good jobs to be had by doing logistics or even op/sigs....cant see any need for some one who can lob 96pbls over 25kliks???

ZEMTEX said:
good jobs to be had by doing logistics or even op/sigs....cant see any need for some one who can lob 96pbls over 25kliks???
I had Op/Sigs and there was feckall going when i left.. :roll:

Doesn't matter what you do whilst serving, theres a little thing called resettlement

Double_Duck said:
ZEMTEX said:
I had Op/Sigs and there was feckall going when i left.. :roll:
Same here, I learned quick that whatever the army taught me was worthless (except my drinking habit). Took a few years of building site work before I said fook this and went back to school.

Sometimes I dont know whats worse my managing director or my old BSM, at least i could kinda get away with telling the MD where to go...

But all said an dun civvie life is what you make of it.

Ibbo

M107 - charge 3. Owwwww! Arse! Feck!

I stand corrected the 439 is the Armoured Rebro for the Scaleys.

Here goes..

FV 431 Armoured load carrier, never produced.
FV 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier/ Command variants also exist in similar configurations to FV 436
FV 433 Abbot self propelled gun
FV 434 REME Maintenance Carrier with Hydraulically driven Crane
FV 435 (designation not used)
FV 436 Command and control
FV 437 (designation not used)
FV 438 Swingfire Missile
FV 439 Signals vehicle - many variants

And they are still in service, incredible!

I went on the rigs, ideal - only work 6 months of the year, wages double(at least!), and when you're fast-tripping drill pipe it's like being out the back of a 109 during 50 rounds ffe, but for 12 hours at a time.

Isn't life after the Gunners simply the Afterlife?

Do you think we'll get 76 virgins for our troubles?

cannonpig said:
I went on the rigs, ideal - only work 6 months of the year, wages double(at least!), and when you're fast-tripping drill pipe it's like being out the back of a 109 during 50 rounds ffe, but for 12 hours at a time.
Now I know who you are viking