Life after death?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just wondering how many people believe or give any credence to psychic phenomena. Are there such things as ghosts? Can mediums speak to the dead? Do people have the second sight?

There is a history of it in my family, ( there is also a history of Vietnam in my bookcase). My great grandfather knew to the exact hour of the exact day when and how he would die.

Of course, it was the judge who told him, so may not be supernatural.

All bollox of course - nothing more than a psychological crutch to help the weak minded cope with their mortality.

Like the concept of meeting your long lost love in the kingdom of heaven if they've died earlier. Theres going to be a lot of punch ups with all those that have remarried....

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Life after death? Yep I believe in it....

Really I do!

Every Sunday after the hangover wears off!

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Just wondering how many people believe or give any credence to psychic phenomena. Are there such things as ghosts? Can mediums speak to the dead? Do people have the second sight?

There is a history of it in my family, ( there is also a history of Vietnam in my bookcase). My great grandfather knew to the exact hour of the exact day when and how he would die.

Of course, it was the judge who told him, so may not be supernatural.
Its a wonder you are still alive after all your randy posts yesterday!!!

You will have to watch the old ticker :wink:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I believe in ghosts and hauntings.

I'm haunted by the ghosts of my sex life, which has been dead for ages.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
armies said:
Ive died many times and got reincarnated.

Im currently living as a lice in someones arse hole.
Yes, we can all feel you bothering our arseholes. Never mind, a good curryfest will clear that.

armies said:

My bold- would that be a louse??

Lets not let standards slip!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Lady_H said:
armies said:

Of course not. Thank you m'lady for pointing out the grammatical errors. I love a posh bird!

old_fat_and_hairy said:
Lady_H said:
armies said:

Of course not. Thank you m'lady for pointing out the grammatical errors. I love a posh bird!
Not a problem.

Happy to help! Info on AEC literacy courses available :queen:

interesting to think though, what if there is no afterlife, what does happen when you die, nothing? whats the definition of nothing? i spent like a whole day thinking that one over, ah ive waisted my life

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Lady_H said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Lady_H said:
armies said:

Not a problem.

Happy to help! Info on AEC literacy courses available :queen:
Helpful as well as literate and articulate. Is there no end to the abilities you display so artfully? :lol:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, around about a 100 million people believe in an afterlife of some sort. That's rather more than believe that Tony Biar and Granpaw Broon are pillocks of the first order, and we give credence to those.

I believe Richard Dawkins is a tw4t. Is that any good?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Cuddles said:
I believe Richard Dawkins is a tw4t. Is that any good?
It will do for a start.

There is a theory (Brain Quantum Theory) which believes that the brain is not a transmitter of consciousness but is in fact a receiver operating at the quantum level.

If this is the case then the consciousness may be a form of quantum energy and as energy/matter is never created or destroyed, only transformed (1st Law of Thermodynamics) there may be scientific rather than spiritual basis for some form of afterlife.

The laws of conservation of energy may apply to the soul.

"I don't know what I may seem to the world, but as to myself, I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea shore and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me".

Sir Isaac Newton

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
The_Cad said:
There is a theory (Brain Quantum Theory) which believes that the brain is not a transmitter of consciousness but is in fact a receiver operating at the quantum level.

If this is the case then the consciousness may be a form of quantum energy and as energy/matter is never created or destroyed, only transformed (1st Law of Thermodynamics) there may be scientific rather than spiritual basis for some form of afterlife.

The laws of conservation of energy may apply to the soul.

"I don't know what I may seem to the world, but as to myself, I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea shore and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me".

Sir Isaac Newton
So do you believe in life after death?