Lieutenant David Boyce and Lance Corporal Richard Scanlon killed in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, Nov 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Job well done boys and RIP, it's your problem no longer. Condolences to family, friends and Regiment.

3. I was deeply shocked to hear of the deaths of Lt Boyce and L/Cpl Scanlon.

David Boyce will be remembered by all those who met him. I had worked with David, and can only reiterate that he was a fine young man, a credit to his family, school, and regiment. My heart sank when I heard the TV news today, RIP David.

4. did anyone see the soldiers bodies coming off the plane at Brize?

i wasn't impressed by the media coverage our brave heroes got today.

the BBC had that harry potter bitch on at the time and Sky did cut across live to show the pause at the garden of remembrance on the way.

not as good as wootton bassett, and i think its important the public see the soldiers arriving off the plane - they need to know they died in a place far away for their today.

5. The coverage on BBC Points West in the evening, and late night news was appropriate, thoughtful and reflective. Many kind words of tribute to Lt David Boyce, were directly quoted by their reporter in the report filmed at Kingswood School.

6. I was travelling as they returned. I am sorry to hear the live news feeds failed to respond suitably.

Condolences to friends and family. RIP.