Liebours Response is quite funny....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Nov 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Oh this is rib ticklingly funny!!!!

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page21213

2. Is that a no then? :roll:

72,234 people asked Brown to resign and he's still there ...of course.

In 2005 - 24,278 people voted him in as an MP.

I'd say that enough people wanted him out for him to at least give a decent response.

3. If Gordon did resign he would be helping achieve all those objectives. Perhaps he has booked the meeting with HM tomorrow

4. type in war crimes and read the ones no10 rejected.

5. That's possibly the best non-answer I've seen from them in a while. Takes not addressing the question to a new level...

6. Why on earth would the clown change the habit of a lifetime? The entire Government don't know the meaning of the word 'decent' and as far as 'response' goes - they will tell you what they want to hear.

In all seriousness, if anyone expected the PM to resign as the result of a petition then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. It's going to be hard enough to prise him out of 10 Downing Street once he has been anhilated at the next General Election.

7. These stupid government run petitions are a fop to try and keep joe public quiet as you know that they will only act on them if the result was in line with their selfish interests.
    Civil disobedience by people in their millions..... now that would do the trick because it would be unmanageable.

8. No, it was just about the response I expected. I was just making a point that he owed us a decent response.
    The fact that MP's never, ever seem to give decent responses doesn't mean that the public are going to be content with that any more.
    Hopefully Brown will get our response next summer, and it will be the one he deserves. But I'll not hold my breath about that either.
    I'm just pissed off about the whole system and frustrated that no matter what we do, they'll always wriggle out of their obligations.

Sigh...

9. In some respects I see the response to these petitions as a measure of people being completely fed up. Although I'm not getting my hopes up I would like to imagine that others will see it too and vote accordingly next year.
    I've never been so dissatisfied about a Government (and Parliament generally) in my life.

10. And he would be replaced by.....? yet another useless, lying cunt.

11. I agree. It all just seems so pointless.

12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

shall we start a new one asking him to just take the hint and FCUK OFF?

13. If the young of today had our knowledge of how things used to be, including times under the previous Labour Govt, there would be a fcuking revolution and this whole corrupt Government would be kicked out.

14. The sound of an entire country.

15. Ahh, but it would be a French or German speaking one sat in Brussels!