LIDAR

964ST

War Hero
I find this technology fascinating, and if I was a young up and coming whippersnapper, I would peruse the technology as a profession! (Sea horses would be my primary if LIDAR did not work!)

The LIDAR SCENE is fairly saturated with the likes of Albert Lin (respect), reminds me of a girl in “Bobby,s Bar” Tenerife in 1987 who was sat on a stool and refused to have a dance!! Was not till later that I realized she only had one leg!! But science is the way forward!!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sea Horses are related to the Equine land going horse and share 98% of the same DNA.

If you put a little microphone near them you can hear them neigh. They also like sugar cubes.

What is it?
It's like radar but uses laser beams which penetrate through gaps in foliage to record the ground beneath. It means that you can use a lidar-equipped drone to create an image of the terrain where a satellite image would just show the canopy.

It's main attraction is that you can easily find man-made disturbances such as wartime trench systems in jungles or overgrown ancient cities - as well as natural features like springs and sinkholes.

It's fun to watch in the many TV programmes that have been on lately.

964ST

War Hero
It's like radar but uses laser beams which penetrate through gaps in foliage to record the ground beneath. It means that you can use a lidar-equipped drone to create an image of the terrain where a satellite image would just show the canopy.

It's main attraction is that you can easily find man-made disturbances such as wartime trench systems in jungles or overgrown ancient cities - as well as natural features like springs and sinkholes.

It's fun to
It is a technology where “Unfortunately“ you are behind the Drag Curve :(

But, if your child is looking for something to do (not involving Chip Shops)!

But Underwater LIDAR is cutting edge??

964ST

War Hero
I was taught science by military peeps! One in particiúlar Major Rtd Wade, ex LRDG. An absolute fücking mental case!! But he had the presence of mind to “FORCE YOU” to do everything properly (Tabulate the Data, etc:). Even now!! When I do exams in Non English I can cope.

Non PC, but lecture on „Centripidal force“ Mr Wade asks, has everybody understood?

Gadd! Reveals that he has not understood! Mr Wade Explains again!
Gadd then states that despite clarification he still does not get it!!

Mr Wade then offers Gadd ”Do you want a Forearm Smash” or are you going to understand?

Gadd, states that he does NOT Understand! Resulting in Major Rtd. Wade lunging through the classroom and ForeArm Smashing Gadd to the floor!

I have NO problem with that

turpsforce.jpg

It's fun to watch in the many TV programmes that have been on lately.
That's only one use for it, it's got many uses - those self driving cars use it for avoiding obstacles, and there's loads of other things it's used in such as robotics, 3D scans of rooms etc.

Also it's cheap now - you can buy Lidar sensors that do 360 degrees for around about £90 now, they can be used with DIY projects using Arduino, Rapsberry PI etc.

If you want to make a toy remote car for using in your house, you can get lidar sensors for about £20 - (to stop it driving into walls/furniture etc).

I was taught science by military peeps! One in particiúlar Major Rtd Wade, ex LRDG. An absolute fücking mental case!! But he had the presence of mind to “FORCE YOU” to do everything properly (Tabulate the Data, etc:). Even now!! When I do exams in Non English I can cope.

Non PC, but lecture on „Centripidal force“ Mr Wade asks, has everybody understood?

Gadd! Reveals that he has not understood! Mr Wade Explains again!
Gadd then states that despite clarification he still does not get it!!

Mr Wade then offers Gadd ”Do you want a Forearm Smash” or are you going to understand?

Gadd, states that he does NOT Understand! Resulting in Major Rtd. Wade lunging through the classroom and ForeArm Smashing Gadd to the floor!

I have NO problem with that
You were at school with Gary Glitter?

Centipedal Force is 100 foot long.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's only one use for it, it's got many uses - those self driving cars use it for avoiding obstacles, and there's loads of other things it's used in such as robotics, 3D scans of rooms etc.

Also it's cheap now - you can buy Lidar sensors that do 360 degrees for around about £90 now, they can be used with DIY projects using Arduino, Rapsberry PI etc.

If you want to make a toy remote car for using in your house, you can get lidar sensors for about £20 - (to stop it driving into walls/furniture etc).

Mrs phantom is not going to be impressed when I waste a load of money trying to replicate a proper LIDAR system and one of my indoor drones disappears into the river with this strapped to it

It's a fabulous tool for archaeology, and some very interesting discoveies have been made this way.

Rab_C

LE
Hardly new, it’s been used for “shallow” water seabed mapping for ages, the Aussies are/were world leaders in the field.

Latest Threads