Libyian secret files, MI5/6,Labour problem

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jim24, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Oh dear, Human rights watch have found the secret files of the Libyan security service, I bet some certain people in MI5/6, and the Labour Government are having a very bad day, could make Wiki Leaks look pretty damn boring

2. spook shit in the 90s allegedly mi6 was aiding the bearded loons to slot the COL

3. Isn't that rather poor security for a "Security Service"? Anyway, the upside is that, just maybe, it'll bring Blair & co 1 step closer to a court in Holland.

4. I pray for the day that the grinning loon is brought before a court. Hopefully just after his B&A wife has a freak fatal accident with her barristers wig.

5. B&A? Barmy & Awful? Bitchy & Appalling? Beloved & Admired?*

*Doubtful

6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

7. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Which side do you choose when you and your enemy have the same friends?

9. I suspect in that case... I would qoute "RICO" from starship troopers and Kill Them all!!!!

10. I think it's worth remembering that Human Rights Watch (HRW) are able to get access to these documents as a result of "NATO support" for the popular uprisings. That would obviously be include intelligence support. HRW may bite the hand that feeds them, but that's democracy for you, or perhaps it isn't.

"Human Rights Watch is a nonprofit, nongovernmental human rights organization made up of more than 280 staff members around the globe. Its staff consists of human rights professionals including country experts, lawyers, journalists, and academics of diverse backgrounds and nationalities.

Established in 1978, Human Rights Watch is known for its accurate fact-finding, impartial reporting, effective use of media, and targeted advocacy, often in partnership with local human rights groups. Each year, Human Rights Watch publishes more than 100 reports and briefings on human rights conditions in some 90 countries, generating extensive coverage in local and international media.

With the leverage this brings, Human Rights Watch meets with governments, the United Nations, regional groups like the African Union and the European Union, financial institutions, and corporations to press for changes in policy and practice that promote human rights and justice around the world."

Who We Are | Human Rights Watch

Have a wander through their web site.

B

11. The contrasting responses from the UK and the US was telling. The Yanks basically said that they use any source/resource to get where and what they need, Hague said it was all Labours fault.

12. Hague does not have a leg to stand on, his government contains former BP folk who were instrumental in the dodgy deal with Qaddafi, the oily relationship would still be humming along if Benghazi had not kicked off and Sarko decided we could slip in and shiv the old bugger. The Septics at least had the dignity to hold their nose while dealing with Qaddafi, the Brits threw their scruples to the wind for access to a few oil basins.

Our duplicity is truly commendable, first Six cuddle up to LIFG beards in the hope they'll whack the monstrous Qaddafi who was known to have conspired in the murder of many British citizens. Then, having noticed Libya's sweet crude, Six are in league with Qaddafi, a stout ally in the GWOT. His "dissidents" include villainous Darna folk going off in Iraq's Shi'a marketplaces i.e. probably LIFG. Then we are arranging his ouster, with brave LIFG figures prominent in a revolt preserved only by NATO air.

My only worry is the Libyan's may have noticed a bit of pattern here.

13. If we are to believe what is being disseminated by the media from HRW sources it makes for a damning indictment of the US & UK governments of the day. The truth could be, and it has yet to be proven, that the El-Qadaffi regime was hanging over these governments much akin to the “Sword of Damocles” – nobody really knowing what the agenda really was – except of course the man himself!!

I must concur with my leaned friend “BrandySoured” when he says the US Government will use any source/resource to get where and what they need as it appears that they were complicit in arranging “black flights” and rendition of various individuals to Libya in an attempt to extract information that could not be obtained within the rule of international law.

The view could be that POTUS at the time was using the then UK premier, Tony Bliar, as a puppet, to bring about his own agenda. I know this is a very simplistic view, but it seems many outsiders have the view that Bush and Bliar were saying to El-Qadaffi “You torture suspected terrorists on our behalf and we will forget about your involvement in terrorist acts.” Also we will teach your people how to torture our suspects and can we have some cheap oil?

The discovery of these documents opens up an entirely new can of worms, questioning whether governments of the day were appeasing and acquiescing to the wishes of El-Qadaffi. If this is the case, the present UK Foreign Secretary (William Hague) is correct in his statement that he could not comment on the subject of these disclosures as he would not have been privy to those actions. Quite a reasonable comment in light of other instances where Bliar and his cohorts were “economical” with the truth, Iraq for example!!

My esteemed friend “Alib” quite rightly points out that William Hague may have “blood on his hands” as there are former BP employees in your present government. Whilst BP is ostensibly a UK company, 38% of the shareholding is held by US institutions, thus one must ask the question:” Was pressure brought to bear by the US Government on those institutions?” It that is the case then “BrandySoured’s” comment holds true!!

14. The DGSE are in the mucky files too apparently.

15. I thank you for your comment, the DGSE are not going to come out of this debacle "whiter than white." Many right-minded people are questioning the role of this organization in the present upheaval knowing its previous failings: A botched operation to burgle the room of China Eastern Airlines' boss Shaoyong Liu at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Toulouse, their involvement in the sinking of the "Rainbow Warrior" and trying to depose El-Qadaffi in 1977 & 1980 by using Libyan troops.

My feeling is that many underhand and devious dealings are going to come to light in the coming weeks and months that will tarnish the credibility of many governments. Operations and collusions that cannot be swept under the carpet - dirty washing will be laundered in public.