Libyans oust Islamist Militias

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Blade-Runner, Sep 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a lot of crap!

Libya under democratic "government" that does not control anything, even Tripoli, is a mess of inter clan conflicts and outright wars!

And Bengazi is a centre of fighting for Kirenaica, which has nothing to do with "Libyans vs militants"! There is no such thing as "Libyans" as a single nation any more.
    US ambassador was sacrificed by US government in order to have an excuse to interfere on a side of a so called "central Libyan government" to bring to heel Kirenaica.

2. Ambassador not killed but smuggled to safety now living nice life in waikiki?

3. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I am glad you found substance strong enough to remove you that far away from reality.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

@Domovoy "Mork Calling Ork, Mork calling Ork, Come In Ork".

Ordinary every day people (who happen to be Muslim) ****ing off a large number of extremist Muslims (who also happen to be peopl)e not on your agenda then?

5. Domy's not been happy since the Colonel got his P45, Russia losing a major supporter in the Middle East and all

6. Yep, -- "everyday Muslims vs extremists".

Whom do you think you were fighting against in Libya not long ago: "ordinary people" or "extremists"? Whom do you think you brought to power in what was Libya -- "ordinary people" or "extremists"?

What is it difficult for you to comprehend in a simple fact: former Libya is a mess of INTER-CLAN wars where everyone is fighting everyone else? Those who fight FOR independence of Kirenaica are the very same people whom "civilised international community" brought to power during their "civilised" aggression against Libya. Those who fight to PREVENT independence of Kirenaica are the very same people whom "civilised international community" brought to power during their "civilised" aggression against Libya. And somewhere in a middle of it there are those who fight against those who fight FOR independence of Kirenaica and those who fight to PREVENT independence of Kirenaica. And in between there are residual gangs of international "freedom fighters" who got stuck in former Libya and are now using their "freedom fighters" skills to make a living amid general lawlessness and chaos...

So, whom do you refer to as "ordinary Libyans" out of multitude of warring clans, political factions, gangs and chancers?

I understand when BBC and other disciples of Dr Goebbelse are simplifying facts; but I do not understand how MILITARY can be so blind to the obvious facts "on the ground"!

7. My "happiness" is neither here nor there.

British destroyed yet another sovereign nation in favour of extremist Islam. If that makes YOU happy...

9. As of 13-th of this month "drones" were bombing Libyan Bengazi, Tobruk, Vadi Harish, Brega, Emirate Derna, Zintan and the whole region of Nafus, and Tripoli.

10. Well, it's a little more high tech than in 1986.

Will it be any the more effective one wonders?

And I don't mean in terms of killing people, but in actually making a difference to either local security or US Strategic interests.

And I'm sure Italy and the the southern EU would be most grateful for a Salafist adventure playground on our southern sea border.

11. Still bitter over the end of the Cold War Dommy?
    Face it, you're less of a world player than Burkina Faso now

12. Maple

Are you really THAT dim?

British destroyed yet another sovereign nation in favour of extremist Islam.

YOU HELP ADVANCEMENT OF MILITANT ISLAM. Do you not understand the implications of that?

13. Yep, still bitter

14. Hardly a monolithic movement though is it?

I'm sure that the centrifugal forces at work will more than match that which keeps them together.

Sorry for the the people that have to live through it, but I think Islam may be going through a period of historical importance for its faith. Just as we are for our security interests.

But if you think messing around with militant Islam is a new pass time for the west.....