libyan rebels running out of ammunition

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grumblegrunt, Aug 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

rebel units are claiming to be down to a few days supply - which raises the question does the UK maintain enough ammunition to ensure a decent civil war when we get fed up with inept politics and start hanging hedge fund managers from the canary wharfe lamp posts?

2. If the silly idiots didn't blat full mags off into the air in celebration everytime they think fit, they would probably have loads! :-(

3. Just saw that on the news and couldn't help wondering if the been gave half as much coverage to the British armys problems as they do to a rabble of foreigners that we'll probably be fighting in a few years anyway, then maybe a few more people would be asking questions as to why this countrys armed forces are in the state they are in.

4. Its Rumpy, he's always asking for a go on their SLRs.

5. Grumblegrunt

I saw a profile on the rebels on some channel or other and those in any form of reasonably trained unit are not allowed to blat away anymore, mainly for safety on the goes up comes down principle. ost rebels have had some training of sorts now so I wonder how must is to look good for the press. like fighting in ally flip flops

6. So the tribal islamist grouping that want's to kill Gadaffi and all his tribe and turn Libya into a hardline islamic state is about to run out of ammo.

Please excuse me while my heart bleeds purple piss.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bit of a **** that when you're nowhere near finishing the uprising that you started. I wonder how much Mommar's team has left?

8. Well, they've been blasting off enough rounds into the air for months, so it's no wonder really....stoopid rebels!

9. Fissare le baionette

10. Speaking of unloading full mags into the sky, I have fond memories of the platoon commander during my recruit training stating, "Each round costs Her Majesty $0.25, so you will ******* well make it count!"

Is conservation of your ammo something that has gone the way of the dodo?

11. Exactly! And the rebels may be running out of ammo but Gadaffi is running out of sons!

For the sake democracy and human rights let's just hope they run the **** out of oil and guess what happens then oppressed brother...

12. Grumblegrunt

yep NATO is running out of bombs :)

13. ... and will our illustrious leader, Mr David and his friend the Foreign Secretary, Mr William then start having grand ideas of sending 'Boots on the Ground', ie: Brit Troops and Military to bolster the rebels.........

I get a tad cynical when we were told that no NATO Troops will be used in Libya as Peacekeepers or in any other role. I seem to remember some twat of a Labour Ministers said that the UK forces in Afghanistan would have to fire a shot.... Hmmm!

"John Reid the labour defense minister said in 2006 we won't fire a shot in afghanistan...!"

14. I could see some irony in a trawler full of arms, ammo' and explosives, dropping its cargo on some remote section of the Eastern Libyan coast!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Or maybe all those two face cowards sat in the foreign policy department, stopped arming them in the first place, and meddling in Libyan affairs, I am sure with the money spent on ammo/weapons for them, could be used for better purposes such as helping all those British citizens, who already suffer.

Let America fight its own war, why should Europe get involved!