Libyan NTC Islamists Destroying British and Commonwealth War Cemetery Benghazi

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Uladh, Mar 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Never have happened under the Colonel. never mind, they'll be killing each other soon enough.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

3. Well Ef Me who'd a thowt it Muslims desecrating graves what next,,Stoning women?.........
  4. Shagging sheep probably.

Vile people.Napalm the lot forthwith.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ******* hoodies
  6. Ignorant savages. If this is because some Private Snuffies chucked a bag of old Korans on the fire in Afghanistan BY MISTAKE I'm sorry for that. I despair of our efforts in the Middle East. You can't deal sensibly with Islamists who have a mindset like that. Bastards desecrating the graves of the dead like that. It makes me glad to know that we usually bring back our war dead to lie in the hallowed ground of our country.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I lived in Libya for 7 years in the 90's, and used to wind em up by insisting that the UK was more Islamic than any Islamic countries because we healed the sick, upheld the law (mostly),worked for a living (mostly), had proper equality, gave to the poor by law etc etc etc. Even our clever dick Eygptian Medico had a problem arguing with those facts.
    Trouble with these countries is that what passes for education usually consists of keeping clear of the randy Imam, and reciting Koranic verses, and that is pretty much it, hence the predominance of ignorant headbangers.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ehwhat

ehwhat Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Very carefully stage managed by the local people in charge. They went for the first several rows, the easiest to reach and best for close-ups, but had a person on hand to keep the "spontaneously impassioned" from from going beyond the script. This is solidarity theatre.

The firm that produced the cross should be commended. It held up quite well.

Whatever funds we will eventually send to support their rise from "tyranny to freedom" should be docked for the repairs.
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

After we've docked the cost of flying telegraph poles, flying Nigels and the bangy things they dropped, the cost of the big grey boats, that of the Spook Squad with their laptops and the bits of paper they carried with their super secret passwords and the cost of whatever hardware we gave them which is now being used to guard a bunch of football hooligans kicking the shit out of gravestones?

I wont be holding my breath.
  10. Sickening. When will the scales fall fom our bloody useless government eyes?
  11. Savages.
  12. I,ve got a copy of the Koran, it,s on the bookshelf next to The Bible, what should I do with them without causing offence when I tell everyone as I now do not intend keeping said books (especially the Koran, as at least there,s a bit of sex and violence in't Bilble)
  13. You'd think that after Kosovo we'd have learned not to trust automatically anyone who's having the shit kicked out of them by the local security forces. Sometimes, they damned well deserve it.

If only politicians would learn - the moment 'moral imperative' becomes the reason for state policy is the time to re-examine the policy. It's probably bollocks.
  14. [​IMG]

A general view is seen of Tripoli Military Cemetery for soldiers who died in World War II in Tripoli August 13, 2012. The cemetery was built by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission in Tripoli. Picture taken August 12, 2012. REUTERS/Esam Al-Fetori (LIBYA - Tags: SOCIETY MILITARY)

Perhaps Reuters was just being PC, but there is no mention of fresh vandalism to the site.