Libya Medal

So, do we think it'll be a new OSM or we'll take whatever NATO provide?

Not even a UNFILYB medal like the one you get for Cyprus?

There won't be a medal.
Why not - there is risk and rigour involved. I suspect the precedent has been set by the Air Ops Iraq clasp to the GSM 62. Pretty much the same task and threat....

What about the sub crew? Their sure as hell putting more missiles on target than those 3 Tornado's, just because they aren't seen or in the same level of danger as the crews, they are contributing more to the overall effort?

SM Boat's Companies received the Op VERITAS Medal; I would presume the same would happen here if a medal is awarded.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
'Sub', Dai? Go and wash your mouth out with teepol.

What about the sub crew? Their sure as hell putting more missiles on target than those 3 Tornado's, just because they aren't seen or in the same level of danger as the crews, they are contributing more to the overall effort?
Have the Tornados entered Lib airspace, or are they standing off and launching their cruise missile from a little bit further away than the sub?

Look, lets cut the shite;

WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE ON EBAY!?!

2 days into a no fly and tossers want medals already. Mate has just been warned off for Libya - is he entitled to a medal as he's packed his kit and polished his boots in advance?

I have been out of the mob nearly three years but am RFR till 55,I still wear my uniform as I volunteer with cadets,and I have the new patrol pin,does that count towards a medal? Just remembered I put the BBC link on RR last night about TLAM,thats got to be worth a medal!!!

Prob with the new OSM system is that we're fast running out of colours for the outer edge of the ribbon. Apart from Afghan and Sierra Leone, I'm sure a few others are in circulation.

I'm still hoping for a fully authorised NATO Article 5 for UK folks ...