Libya Medal

Discussion in 'Medals' started by alfred_the_great, Mar 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, do we think it'll be a new OSM or we'll take whatever NATO provide?
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

That didn't take long.
  3. There won't be a medal.
  4. Not even a UNFILYB medal like the one you get for Cyprus?
  5. UN mission for a start, so more likely to be one of theirs not NATO?
  6. not for HMAF maybe but i bet the spams add a few on.
  7. Why not - there is risk and rigour involved. I suspect the precedent has been set by the Air Ops Iraq clasp to the GSM 62. Pretty much the same task and threat....
  8. I should imagine if ground forces go in then an OSM will be issued. Other then that the pilots who are flying over Libya ATM may get a UN medal.
  9. Why any medal at all?
  10. Because they are shiny. Unless NATO or UN.
  11. What about the sub crew? Their sure as hell putting more missiles on target than those 3 Tornado's, just because they aren't seen or in the same level of danger as the crews, they are contributing more to the overall effort?
  12. SM Boat's Companies received the Op VERITAS Medal; I would presume the same would happen here if a medal is awarded.
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

'Sub', Dai? Go and wash your mouth out with teepol.
  14. Have the Tornados entered Lib airspace, or are they standing off and launching their cruise missile from a little bit further away than the sub?
  15. Look, lets cut the shite;

2 days into a no fly and tossers want medals already. Mate has just been warned off for Libya - is he entitled to a medal as he's packed his kit and polished his boots in advance?