Libya: Cameron and Sarkozy mobbed in Benghazi

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Giancarlo_Badass, Sep 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good drills for them. Hope it doesn't go all pear-shaped once the dust settles and people get back to their routines. ;-)

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if cameron will get the taste for it like tony did? stand by for gw3.

3. Oh well that's all right then. Where are we off to next?

4. Depends, who else has lots of oil or minerals that we want?

5. Timor...er...

6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think it should be Iran.....or even N. Korea.....both have beaches.....N Korea has decent wenches. Thats settled then, N. Korea it is!

8. It's always the bloody same: never a suicide bomber around when you really need one.:crash:

9. I think there is a slight chance that having banded together to oust Gadaffi, a sense of nationalism could overcome tribal rivalry. I doubt it, but hope that happens.

The video was quite heartening.

10. I reckon Cameron has studied Bliar's form who's focus was "self-interest" first! To hell with the Country he's been elected to run - involvement in solving everyone else's problems is far more lucrative in life after Downing Street!

Politicians (a long time ago) used to believe in the principle "what can I do for my country"?! Now it's "what can my Country do for me"?! W-anchors!

11. With the greatest possible respect: take your head for a shit. That video was bloody scary; nothing more dangerous than a politician with a Messianic Complex.

Call Me Dave has been treated like a conquering "hero" and he will now start to believe his own bullshit. The last thing we need is yet another Blair, cutting the Armed Forces to ribbons while simultaneously getting involved in wars around the world. Cameron has never received public adulation like that at home(and he never will). The real danger is he gets a taste for it and starts looking for another country to "liberate".:ncool:

12. Any takers for Syria. Possible kick-off points in Turkey, Cypres and Iraq. R&R in Beruit if they can get the knocking shops up and running again.

13. I'd not be too worried about Dave staging further adventures. He was second fiddle too Sarko on this bit of buccaneering and the dust hasn't even settled yet. The little Napoleon on the other hand has awful poll figures and an election in the Spring.

I wonder if Barry will venture over and try milking it for 2012? He may keep his head down, we don't know what comes next in Libya and this campaign never gained much support in the US even from Republicans. The Islamaphobic Septic blogosphere has been playing it practically as a victory for Barry's brother Muslamic terrorists.

14. FFS! I was not on about Cameron, I meant the way that the people of Libya may just be starting to think nationally rather than tribally. I hope that they do and make the place a better place to live.