Libya - Al Magrahi - The oaf Brown lied

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The Daily Telegraph are reporting that ministers gave advice to Libya on getting Al Magrahi released from nick in Scotland.

I distinctly remember the oaf Brown saying it was all the Scottish Government, 'nothing to do with me Guv'.

OK I'd like to see the useless waste of skin prosecuted for his acts of treason but calling him to account for this lie would be a good start.

Perhaps if he is impeached by Parliament for lying to the house his ill gotten pensions and other perks could be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

Edited to remove all the fat fingered nonsense and iPhone predictive changes that I didn't want. Interested parties can still see them quoted below.

2. ****. I have the flu and a set of cracked ribs so spluttering hurts but you hurt me. The chances of that happening are about the same as me winning the Euro Lottery - and I don't buy tickets. The best way to kill this is to threaten to pass Primary Legislation preventing the Judges authorising the release of any SB files from the Troubles but only allow the PM to do so. Then threaten to release all files on PIRA/INLA if and when we choose. Mind you there will be some bleeding heart whining about human rights and the risks to the touts -simples. We only release files on high level politicos.

3. BuggerAll

He also lied to the Americans. Maybe they should declare him PNG and cut off any hope of an income stream from lecture fees and so on.

4. I'd be interested in some news where an MP told the truth.

5. You'd be waiting a while.

6. With all due respect BA this is not exactly news. All politicians lie, and Brown was definitely no exception. Had the headline been "Brown told the truth" that would be a sensation, perhaps even a major sensation.

Did I mention that bears have been spotted defeceating in the woods?

7. I ask 'Should we be surprised?'

The Oaf worked for and understudied possibly the biggest liar to have graced the carpets of No 10.

It rubs off...

8. More chance of BAE delivering a contract on time and on budget.

9. BuggerAll

Liam Byrne, one of the oaf's cronies, told the truth in his letter to David Laws:

"Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid there is no money. Kind regards - and good luck! Liam."

Certainly one of the few verifiable events of a Labour politician knowingly and deliberately telling the truth.

BTB. He later claimed that it was a joke. Even when telling the truth these vermin prefer to pretend they are fibbing.

10. As the bus is at full steam perhaps this issue could do with a few more targets to mow down. The Royals were involved too:

Trade Envoy involved

11. No surprises there as many surmised that the scotish goverment were played like a fiddle at the time. It will be good to watch him Squirm in embaressment though.

12. But of course it was not Brown.

Oh no. Not me. Never involved. Somewhere else at the time.

So which party drone did the dirty work?

Why, no less than the beloved Bill Rammell, a junior Foreign Office minister at the time.

Within a week of the "diagnosis" he had written to Libya advising how this could be used as the grounds of securing al-Megrahi’s release from prison. Oddly enough Rammell had only just been appointed to the FO, before of course being soon moved on to another job he knew even less about.

13. Brown has 3 options here :

State he dident have a clue what his goverment was up to in regards to a crucial foreign policy subject.

Put his hands up and justify his actions with the greater good, bigger picture excuse.

Or Just lay low Ignore it all and wait till the dust settles!!!!

14. He also lied to the Americans. Maybe they should declare him PNG and cut off any hope of an income stream from lecture fees and so on.

Maybe they should put his name on the International Arrest Warrant the septics have out for Mr Assange...... oh yes, they don't 'arrest' bad folks, they just rendition them to Gitmo.

15. With reference to Cyclops,I think the former is the most credible,as he did not have a clue what was going on virtually all the time.And that applies to every aspect of government.