Libertarianism via rioting?

Ah, the old classic.

When the Police get stuck in they are acting like a para military force and Judge, Jury and Executioner.

When they stand by, they are a bunch of cowardly wasters.

Where is this magical centre line where the plod can be all things, to all people and all of them good?

Last edited:
Ah, the old classic.

When the Police get stuck in they acting like a para military force and Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Where is this magical centre line where the plod can be all things, to all people and all of them good?
Damned whatever they do.

Ah, the old classic.

When the Police get stuck in they acting like a para military force and Judge, Jury and Executioner.

To be fair at least here when people went off like this the gov got emergency courts set up sharpish and stood behind the police totally. Over there i just saw a comment by Obama basically urging 'both sides' to show restraint like he was talking about the izzies and pals not tosspots attacking the police in the country hes supposed to lead.

Ah, the old classic.

If you watch some of the footage from Ferguson the police really are tearing the arse out of it there. Not helped by the fact they have done some really bone press conferences where they have completely failed to explain what they are doing and fallen for some really obvious leading questions from journos.

If you watch some of the footage from Ferguson the police really are tearing the arse out of it there. Not helped by the fact they have done some really bone press conferences where they have completely failed to explain what they are doing and fallen for some really obvious leading questions from journos.
The main problem is those rioting never know from one day to the next what the reaction from the Authorities will be. As such, riot drills need to be standardised and explained, quite openly, to all. That way, everyone is aware of what they are getting themselves into and the likely consequences.

As such, I vote that we take a lesson from antiquity. All Riot police should be issued and trained with two pilum, a scutum and a gladius and drilled in Cohort Legion Tactics. It might be messy, but By Christ, it wouldn't last long.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As such, I vote that we take a lesson from when I first joined up. All Riot police should be issued and trained with two pilum, a scutum and a gladius and drilled in Cohort Legion Tactics. It might be messy, but By Christ, it wouldn't last long.
1. You're just being sentimental
2. Weren't you one those you pushed him up the stairs when presenting him to Pilate?

1. Your just being sentimental
2. Weren't you one those you pushed him up the stairs when presenting him to Pilate?
I don't recall mentioning that in the book! Have you been hacking the codex in my vellum parchments??? Again???

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don't recall mentioning that in the book! Have you been hacking the codex in my vellum parchments??? Again???
Yep, I recommend you upgrade your reed pens to goose quills by the way, they hold a better point and last longer.

Yep, I recommend you upgrade your reed pens to goose quills by the way, they hold a better point and last longer.
Oooh, get you Posh Boy!

I'm still on stylus and wax tablets.

How on earth can I hope to outwit such an advanced civilisation?? I know, I'll get the Snail to ring you, at ridiculous o'clock, when she's pissed. Believe me, that will wipe your mind better than a personal demonstration of Op KRATOS!

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oooh, get you Posh Boy!

I'm still on stylus and wax tablets.

How on earth can I hope to outwit such an advanced civilisation?? I know, I'll get the Snail to ring you, at ridiculous o'clock, when she's pissed. Believe me, that will wipe your mind better than a personal demonstration of Op KRATOS!
Look at the violence inherent in the system!!!

Help, Help, I'm being wepwessed!!

Last edited:
1. You're just being sentimental
Damn!

I have just noted this glaring error in your report Centurion!

The proles 'fall up stairs', they are not 'pushed up them'. What a ridiculous assertion. As a punishment, you will spend the rest of your career as a moving target for the sweaties up at Hadrian's Wall. Make sure you take plenty of socks!

I just wish they would do it when a white bloke gets shot, you know just mix it up a bit and break the monotony.
To be fair the geordies went mental and burned their houses down and looted all the local shops when that bloke got shot with a chair leg the police thought was a shotty.

Oh wait, no they didn't.

The main problem is those rioting never know from one day to the next what the reaction from the Authorities will be. As such, riot drills need to be standardised and explained, quite openly, to all. That way, everyone is aware of what they are getting themselves into and the likely consequences.

As such, I vote that we take a lesson from antiquity. All Riot police should be issued and trained with two pilum, a scutum and a gladius and drilled in Cohort Legion Tactics. It might be messy, but By Christ, it wouldn't last long.
All well and good, but when tooled-up plod gets as much fun out of beating up the countryside alliance as they do hairy anarchists we have a real problem.

When senior Officers stop prepping for their 15mins of fame on the telly and stay the fxxk away from politics.

To be fair at least here when people went off like this the gov got emergency courts set up sharpish and stood behind the police totally. Over there i just saw a comment by Obama basically urging 'both sides' to show restraint like he was talking about the izzies and pals not tosspots attacking the police in the country hes supposed to lead.
Of course Obama would say that, it was a black kid who was shot after assaulting a copper and trying to take his firearm so Obama has no other option but to show he is the racist bastard that everyone knows him to be.

Fergerson pd are a corrupt bunch of good ole boys famous for setting up speed traps on sunday mornings giving them a pick of uncle sams surplus was always going to end badly.
Strange,y when they finally let a proper copy take charge the riot went away funny that:rolleyes:
st louis has been trying to get rid of their metro police forces as they are tiny with a reputation for incompetence and corruption

Latest Threads