Liberian leader Charles Taylor

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Once_a_Grey...., Jun 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Torygraph:

'The British government has agreed that former Liberian leader Charles Taylor could serve a prison sentence in the UK, if he is convicted of war crimes.'

I thought our jails were overcrowded? Does this mean that he'll serve 6 months of his life setence? (That is if he is found guilty of course!)
  2. It the norm with international criminal case that a European or North American country imprision those that are found guilty of war crime and the such. He will come under a different judicacy system the Special Tribunal for Sierra Leone so hopeful this means he will stay in prision for the rest of his miserable life, or better yet just hang him and be done with it.
  3. Who is this Librarian Leader Charles Taylor - how many books did he steal?

Having been a primary school bookworm, I say he should hang!
  4. Stick him in Glasgows Bar L - that'll show him what a proper UK prison slum is like!
  5. why cant they just send him back to Liberia?? they would lend him an ear............Samuel Does ones plobly.
  6. Because were suppose to protect his human rights like deserves him, let him rot in an African prison for all I'll care perhaps hanging would be too good for him.