Liberation day in guernsey, channel islands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by darbs, May 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today may the 9th marks the day when guernsey in the channel islands was liberated from the german forces in ww2. so i thought this would be a good place to make people aware of the event and to pass on many thanks to all those involved and to the current serving personel of this fantastic country that we live in. boys be proud, each and every one of you.

god bless

2. Splendid!

Thanks for posting that reminder.

Well done, all who were involved!!

RIP the Fallen from both sides.

3. My family is from Guernsey, brave lot of men and women during those dark days. Hurrah and RIP.

4. Well said. To all of those celebrating with a pint of Pony and a slice of gauche. Have a great Liberation Day.

A la perchoine. :)

BBC - Liberation Day

5. I was born in St Helier, but spent most of my formative years growing up
    in Alderney.
    So i'm a Jersey Bean / Alderney Hog... :wink:

Happy Liberation Day Guernsey.. :D

Attached Files:

6. Surely, you mean a crapauld Dance! All we need now is Blue Sophist reminding us about the Muratti result and a few posters from Sark and we can do the whole Bailwick.

Is Alderney still defined as 700 alcoholics clinging to a rock!

I wonder if the Barclay twins post on ARRSE?!

7. LOL.. :D

More like 2000, :wink: well i think thats the rough population, barring a few
    sheep.
    Remember as a small boy watching the Muratti's, Alderney never use to win,
    probably always P1ssed.. :wink:

Hey wheres that Jersey Bean..B_S... :p

8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Went to Jersey on my honeymoon last month, fantastic place, well recommended to all for a visit. Jersey War tunnels is def worth the money.

Found out one interesting thing as well, apparently the germans would raid Allied held France after D Day for supplies and the like. Never heard anything about that....

9. my uncle was on gurnsey during the whole occupation, still lives there today..