LibDems: whats the point?

My missus was talking to me earlier, and said they're a waste of space I can't even remember who their leader is these days

And I failed and couldn't remember either and had to google it

Jeez they let Vince run it, I thought they'd have retired the old duffer by now

My missus was talking to me earlier, and said they're a waste of space I can't even remember who their leader is these days

And I failed and couldn't remember either and had to google it

Jeez they let Vince run it, I thought they'd have retired the old duffer by now
Well after Nick Clegg mastermind produced a stellar decline from 57 to 8 seats in 2015 and got slung out, the wholly uninspiring Tom Farron crept in, only to find God and chuck it in in 2017.

Cable, having won a seat in the 2017 election then stood for leader unopposed.

Yes, nobody else wanted the job so they punted in a didactic, divisive character prone to poor judgement (see: Olney, Sarah) 75 in May and many think has long been losing the plot

Interesting that the word' democrats' is in their party name.
Their last 3 leaders want to keep Britain in the EU, despite the country voting to leave.
Seems they don't believe in democracy at all.

Let me explain this for you.

The purpose of the Lib Dems is simply to be a target for protest votes. And that's it.

They are there just for people who are cross or pissed-off with Conservative or Labour and want to "do something to show them".

When they almost got into power by teaming up with the Tories, it was a little wake up call for the protest voters. Who thought, "Whoops! better not do that again, in case they actually get in!".

Protest voting is actually a Taboo subject and all politicians are in serious denial about it. They convince themselves that they get a vote because the voters believe in them and have complete faith in their ideas and promises. So you'll never find a Lib Dem MP, or any other MP for that matter, who will acknowledge that they have got a single protest vote.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Let me explain this for you.

The purpose of the Lib Dems is simply to be a target for protest votes. And that's it.

They are there just for people who are cross or pissed-off with Conservative or Labour and want to "do something to show them".

When they almost got into power by teaming up with the Tories, it was a little wake up call for the protest voters. Who thought, "Whoops! better not do that again, in case they actually get in!".

Protest voting is actually a Taboo subject and all politicians are in serious denial about it. They convince themselves that they get a vote because the voters believe in them and have complete faith in their ideas and promises. So you'll never find a Lib Dem MP, or any other MP for that matter, who will acknowledge that they have got a single protest vote.
I think this was the self-declared raison d'être of the Raving Monster Loony Party. Not necessarily saying that Lib Dems are the same as the Loonys, but then again if the cap fits ...

Latest Threads