Libby Purves - I think I fancy her...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LostBoss, Oct 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Libby Purves, as a dedicated student of the site will tell you has her head screwed on straight. (She writes for the Times and has contributed several well thought out pieces on the forces)

Her latest piece in the Times talks to "hypothecated taxation" - which is the earmarking of tax revenues for certain costs lines - you could effectively have a shopping bill for your tax showing where your money goes.

Politicians obviously think this is bad as the "big pot" hides a multitude of sins and prevents soap dodgers witholding funds for policing and defence and soldiers witholding tax for soap dodgers to avoid work.

It is a good piece and I recommend it to you.

Libby Purves - Taxation

Libby, what are you doing on a low environmental impact farm? You've let yourself down.

2. LostBoss , It is my sad duty to inform you that Ms. Purves is already spoken for, by one of our Bell-bottomed bretheren.

Or at least he thinks so , as she's forever quoting him :D

3. http://www.oldpond.com/acatalog/paul_heiney.htm

Although he likes sailing, I don't think he qualifies as a fully-fledged member of the Royal Navy. Although once Bliar has finished cutting back the fleet, all those who have at least a part share in a dinghy may be forcibly enlisted in times of crisis.