Libby comes through again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bernoulli, May 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I love this woman...
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,482-1114364,00.html

Quote:

"I think there actually are some useful things to be learnt from the way that the Armed Forces cope despite financial cuts and overstretch and MoD supply failures and the embarrassment of having rat-like, squirming, prevaricating defence ministers." :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Outstanding! Well done the RN.

Time for an 'ARRSE - We love Libby' mug, perhaps?

3. What about Canonisation? Aunty Stella appears to have the ear of his holiness. :)

4. Outstanding work by the Andrew and Ms Purves.

Are u sure she wants her boat (hee-haw) on one of MM's fine bits of China?

Unless we were to introduce a new series called "Friends of the Army Rumour Service"

Or can we get a one off TASTEFUL one done, gratis for our favourite scribe?

5. This is good as well:

Quote:
    "You are not tasked with running this navy — or city, or country — forever, so you plan to make yourself redundant. Compare this approach to the way we handle community regeneration, welfare, health or education policy — each growing a horrid mould of self-perpetuating bureaucracy and snoopers and assessors. The dissimilarities begin to glare"

Not quite true though, our mould of snoopers and assessors is called FOST.

6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Outstanding article. But then tomorrow it will be chip paper (sorry - sad cliche), and I wonder how many of Blair's liberal latte drinking 'advisers' read it?? Sadly those little f*ckers who hoaxed the Mirror have had a real strategic impact.

7. Right,

There will be one of our VERY limited edition Army Rumour Service Hero Mugs going out to Ms. Purves.

For the great and good looking in. To win one of these coveted pieces of China which will make you the envy of your friends, win respect in your circle and be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound etc, you will have to have either

1. Written something nice about us, or brought this website to greater attention in the media.

2. Have done something very spiffy and of benefit to British Armed Forces, be it an article , questions in the House or simply a word or deed that enchanced the reputation of British Armed Forces worldwide.

Yes they are very hard to get :D

8. Mrs Purves now has the signal honour of being the only journalist I like and respect, and it seems my opinion is shared by the mighty members of Arrse.

All hail Libby for this rare and unusal feat. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. hero status will also depend on my bank balance at the time you are put forward :wink:

10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Could there not be an item in the Shop, allowing members to contribute to the provision of occasional mugs to be awarded to those considered worthy?

11. May the wonderful Libby have all she wishes. The tragedy is that the numpty Bliar knows what we can do - see Foot and Mouth and is actually a little scared I suspect. Perhaps that is why he is sending us off all over the place. If they are not at home they cannot take over!

The removal of DCCs A, N , and Air is another case in point. He will now spin away in the MOD.

They really are a very corrupt crowd aren't they. They will do anything to stay in power and the silly thing is that,l as pointed out by the Blessed Libby, we get on with their stupid tasks through pride and make it more likely that they will get another term. Heaven help us
    I met this Guy recently with some big barrels looking for the Palace of Westminster didn't show him the way. Should I have?? :(

12. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Can Libby's be printed with her quote on it? Once more for the hell of it:

13. Did he have a pointy hat and a Van Dyke beard?

PS
    PTP, any chance you could put up a phot of the mug before you despatch it?

14. No problems Bernoulli , will post shot before Despatch.

Now I just need Sir Mike Boyce to come wandering through as well :D

15. Do you think the Dark Lord himself frequents this site?