Lib Dems take a lead in the new poll

In the case of the hung parliament what combination would you prefer?

• L & C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L & LD

• C & LD

• L & C & LD The national unity government?

• Don't like any combination

• Total voters
I have decided that I'm going to vote for the Icelandic Volcano Party, its done more to stop immigration in the last 5 days than labour has done in the last 13 years!

Colours to party

Blue- Conservative
Red- Labour
Yellow- Lib Dem

Funny how all the Lib Dem posters have a backing colour the red side of orange.
Maybe it's already sorted?

DodgerH said:
I have decided that I'm going to vote for the Icelandic Volcano Party, its done more to stop immigration in the last 5 days than labour has done in the last 13 years!
thats brilliant, was that a eurika moment?

I'd wager that this jump in popularity is owing to the debates, and won't continue. Either way, Labour back in is simply not an option in my eyes.

auxie said:
this is very grim news, it means broon is almost certain to be returned
Given the LibDem's outright refusal to say what they will do in the event of a hung Parliament I fear you might be right.
To be honest, I can cope with the idea of a Conservative government, I can even cope with the notion of a LibDem government but the idea of getting Brown back for another 5 years is not pleasant.
Whether Clegg's new found popularity will last until May the 6th remains to be seen but this may well turn out to be the most interesting general election in a generation or two.

If Brown is still Prime Minister in a months time I may finally feel inclined to sell up and leave the country.

As has been pointed out in other threads:

Clegg's popularity is to do with his relative success in the 'domestic' debate. Next up is on 'foreign' stuff, where his views on Trident and closer ties to the EU are unlikely to wash with the electorate.

I've seen this morning 3 different polls with 3 different results.

blonde_guy said:

Clegg's popularity is to do with his relative success in the 'domestic' debate. Next up is on 'foreign' stuff, where his views on Trident and closer ties to the EU are unlikely to wash with the electorate.

His ultra pro EU view is likely to dent his popularity. Or will he underplay his enthusiasm for all things europe?

jagman said:
blonde_guy said:

His ultra pro EU view is likely to dent his popularity. Or will he underplay his enthusiasm for all things europe?
In the last thing I don't think Cameron was unsuccessful, just trying to be too nice. If he comes out attacking on these issues he should do well, especially the EU one.

Yahoo!:

'Campaign poll puts Lib Dems in front'

A spokesperson for the Lib Dems has said, "We haven't a f*cking clue as to what we're supposed to do now. We've never been put on the spot before."

vinniethemanxcat said:
Yahoo!:

'Campaign poll puts Lib Dems in front'

A spokesperson for the Lib Dems has said, "We haven't a f*cking clue as to what we're supposed to do now. We've never been put on the spot before."
Ok, so its Clegg and Vince but who else have you heard of?

As usual, it all seems to be which polls you follow or have rammed down your throat.
I conducted a poll with me and the next door neighbour this morning and the libs have just plummeted 32%. UKIP have a devastating majority and Labour are no more.
I don't hold much hope of that forecast sticking as I'm having another poll tomorrow with the gentleman of the road that I often see at the roundabout opposite Baldwins furniture shop, propping up the bench in his half sitting up position.

My personal view is phuck 'em all ... the lot of 'em. Not very constructive I know but my opinion is just as valuable as so called polls! Wait till the day I say.

blonde_guy said:
jagman said:
blonde_guy said:

In the last thing I don't think Cameron was unsuccessful, just trying to be too nice. If he comes out attacking on these issues he should do well, especially the EU one.
I've instructed my Mrs to get the beer and popcorn in when she visits Sainsbury's on May 7th

Polls suggest Cameron is 6 points or less ahead of Broon and that is not enough. The Tories are likely to self destruct over Europe and everything else that Cameron has tried hard to calm down if their overwhelming sense of "Labour have had the ball 13 years, it's our turn" isn't respected by we, the great unwashed and i want to be comfortable when I watch it.

Latest Threads