Lib Dems - remember them?

When I read this outrage, I thought he was using the yellow peril slur about China or Japan but no it’s about the Lib Dums who lose ground to the Greens daily, wonder why.
Because hes a pro brexit Tory

It doesnt matter that yellow Peril is frequently used to describe traffic wardens
It doesnt maater that the Independent , the Guardian, the lib Dems and Labour have all reffered to the lib dems as the yellow Peril

In the distant past it was used to describe Japan** ergo if the person using it is a Fascist Tory then immidiatly he is using a racial slur

Language and Symbols can only be reclaimed by the left - when it suits them- and they reserve the right to pretend reclaimed usage doesnt exist if they can score political points.

**Although even then im not so sure the expression itself was a racist slur - more a description of their rapacios advance accross Asia

Liberal Democrat thinking from Sir Vince Cable. As pointed out during the interview, his pragmatic acceptance of Chinese Communist Party policy is neither liberal nor democratic.

Liberal Democrat thinking from Sir Vince Cable. As pointed out during the interview, his pragmatic acceptance of Chinese Communist Party policy is neither liberal nor democratic.

Fortunately his opinion is about as likely to effect UK foreign policy as mine is.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
From 2015 - 2017 Lib Dems had a total of 9 MPs.

Round here I can get a 12 seater taxi.

OK, I'm stretching it a bit and they would have to squeeze up a bit in a black cab.

Back in 1991 I was secretary of my polytechnic Conservative student society. As such I was offered a place on an expenses paid trip to Belgium to visit NATO Headquarters in Brussels and SHAPE in Mons. The organisation responsible was called Peace Through NATO, or something similar.

There were 24 places on the trip, eight to Conservatives (which was oversubscribed), eight to Labour (they only managed five, one of whomever would become a "Blair's Babe" MP in 1997), and eight to the Lib Dems.

The Lib Dems only managed to send four people, only three being party members and the fourth being one of their boyfriends. The boyfriend, who I recall had an obsession with food, was denied access to both headquarters and was sent back to the hotel while we had our tours.

The Lib Dem couldn't understand why her foreign boyfriend, who spoke very good English, was denied access to these facilities. Explaining to her that bringing a Russian former member of the Red Army speaking very good English might not have been a good idea didn't seem to register.

You can rely on Ed Davey to read the mood of the public... from the fantasies in his head.
1631888991712.png

Ed Davey Thinks Higher Taxes AND More Borrowing Will Win Over Tory Voters

Back in 1991 I was secretary of my polytechnic Conservative student society. As such I was offered a place on an expenses paid trip to Belgium to visit NATO Headquarters in Brussels and SHAPE in Mons. The organisation responsible was called Peace Through NATO, or something similar.

There were 24 places on the trip, eight to Conservatives (which was oversubscribed), eight to Labour (they only managed five, one of whomever would become a "Blair's Babe" MP in 1997), and eight to the Lib Dems.

The Lib Dems only managed to send four people, only three being party members and the fourth being one of their boyfriends. The boyfriend, who I recall had an obsession with food, was denied access to both headquarters and was sent back to the hotel while we had our tours.

The Lib Dem couldn't understand why her foreign boyfriend, who spoke very good English, was denied access to these facilities. Explaining to her that bringing a Russian former member of the Red Army speaking very good English might not have been a good idea didn't seem to register.
Yes, 1970's student visits to SHAPE were a regular event and seemed to have some importance attached to them.

Last edited:

Funny how things change. In the 90's we actually had serving Russian officers who could go anywhere they wanted in the SHAPE estate and they were even housed with their families.

Red Ed Davey? To be fair it was allegedly a shock to him.

View attachment 631312

View attachment 631313
Ed Davey Received £5,000 from Christine Lee
Davey Pockets £5,000 from Huawei's Chief Adviser

On the Subject of Sizewell B, The Spectator's Steerpike said in August 2021: View attachment 631317

Between 2012 and 2015, Davey served as secretary of state for energy in the coalition government. In 2013, he agreed to the controversial Hinkley Point C deal — now the most expensive power station in the world

View attachment 631318

Ed Davey's nuclear U-turn | The Spectator

Great article....

Flag of USSR

Hammer and Sickle.

Flag of PRC
1642191069093.png

Hall of the People
640px-The_1st_Session_of_the_12th_National_People%27s_Congress_open_20130305.jpg

No hammer and sickle. Not aware of China using it at all?

Huawei's symbol?
360_F_374718802_eVnbRoAHjWRswwQWkrQb5EmMCuSHFWik.jpg

Great article....

Flag of USSR

Hammer and Sickle.

Flag of PRC
View attachment 631439

Hall of the People
640px-The_1st_Session_of_the_12th_National_People%27s_Congress_open_20130305.jpg

No hammer and sickle. Not aware of China using it at all?

Huawei's symbol?
360_F_374718802_eVnbRoAHjWRswwQWkrQb5EmMCuSHFWik.jpg
Yes, both fair points well made. Perhaps though, the average punter immediately recognises the hammer and sickle and correctly associates them with totalitarian communism. A symbol and philosophy to which the hard left aspire, irrespective of country or time frame*. After all, the USSR / CCCP no longer exists. On that basis I'll let Guido off.

* They can argue among themselves the respective merits of each flavour of wickedness.

Latest Threads