Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lib Dems - remember them?

A massive week in British Politics ahead, as the Lib Dem hordes choose their new leader. :roll:
I have to ask, whatever happened to their last great hope, Jo and her performing cleavage? Missing her already.
ETA: Both candidates now ‘live’ on Victoria Derbyshire- all I’ve heard so far is “Tory incompetence”, “Lib Dem brilliance during the Coalition Government”.
Davey dire, dull and uninspiring- confirming what we already knew; the Lib Dems remain an irrelevance and Layla Moran is a fruit loop.

Last edited:
A massive week in British Politics ahead, as the Lib Dem hordes choose their new leader. :roll:
I have to ask, whatever happened to their last great hope, Jo and her performing cleavage? Missing her already.

Perv.

Layla Moran is “embarrassed” because her Party doesn’t have any BAME MPs.
HELLO! You don’t have many none BAME MPs either you loon!

Layla Moran is “embarrassed” because her Party doesn’t have any BAME MPs.
HELLO! You don’t have many none BAME MPs either you loon!
Interesting one of the Lib Dem District Councillors in West Oxfordshire has less than a fortnight ago crossed the floor and become a Tory!! Garlic and silver bullets for him - he was one of Layla's luvvies and regularly on her arm at the local Pride events.
Bless her she is the classic car crash MP, very good at making the sorrows of Oxford her own and then making political capital out of it.

Interesting one of the Lib Dem District Councillors in West Oxfordshire has less than a fortnight ago crossed the floor and become a Tory!! Garlic and silver bullets for him - he was one of Layla's luvvies and regularly on her arm at the local Pride events.
Bless her she is the classic car crash MP, very good at making the sorrows of Oxford her own and then making political capital out of it.

I hope she gets the job as she is clearly barking.

Beaker the Muppet (@lifeofbeaker) | Twitter

Layla Moran MP

3 days, chap:

Will you be able to contain yourself?

From the link you provided ;

BBC News said:
The leadership election was triggered when Jo Swinson stepped down following a poor performance by the party in the 2019 general election.

And there was me thinking she went because she lost her seat.

Sir Ed Davey as the leader rather than Layla Moran, which spares us the delights of her pontificating at PMQs each week.

Moran seems possessed of a level of wokeness which makes the Duchess of Sussex look like Bernard Manning, so it is mildly surprising that she's lost....

How dare the Lib Dems elect a white heterosexual man as leader instead of the lovely, ethnic, pan sexual Layla Moran? Both of Ed Davey's voters should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

BBC News - Sir Ed Davey wins Liberal Democrat leadership race

Ed Davey has to be one othe most boring and sanctimonious Politicians at Westminster, so I’m mildly surprised that Moran came second, as she seemed to tick a lot of woke boxes. That said; about as relevant as those two ex members of the Royal family, now living in La La land.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Ed Davey has to be one othe most boring and sanctimonious Politicians at Westminster, so I’m mildly surprised that Moran came second, as she seemed to tick a lot of woke boxes. That said; about as relevant as those two ex members of the Royal family, now living in La La land.

Shame about the result. The role of the Lib Dems is to provide light entertainment and Psycho Moran would have been much more fun than Mad Ed and his economy-destroying eco-fanaticism.

Happily for the Lib Dems, at least the entire party can now gather to celebrate the result without breaching any COVID guidelines.

Go back to your constituencies - well, those that have one left - and prepare to lose it at the next election.

Well done for staying awake long enough to win, Sir Ed...

From the Oxford Mail, that well re guarded organ of truth!!!!!

But this morning, as the results of the bid were tallied, Sir Ed was the clear winner.
He won by 42,756 votes to Ms Moran's 24,564 votes.
On winning, he thanked fellow contender Ms Moran and said he wanted the party to 'wake up and smell the coffee' that it needed to rebuild its popularity at a national level.

A total of 117,924 ballot papers were sent out to Lib Dem members, with 57.6 per cent of them taking part in the vote.
And some comments from her constituents!
- Oh that is a real shame, it would have been amusing to watch her put the final nail in what is left of the Lib Dem party.
-Hard luck , perhaps Layla can now concentrate on her job as a MP , not seen much progress in Abingdon over the last few years !

And more importantly -Almost half the party members didn't even bother to vote on a rather important subject.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
So we have Sir Divvy joining Sir Smarmer as Her Majesty's Opposition (but only Loyal to Brussels).Increased majority for 'Man of the People' Boris at the next GE!

Latest Threads