Lib Dems - remember them?

Supporting the Lib Dems has become fraught with frustration and dilema. Nick Tyrone is looking for a way out. Layla Moran could be the answer he is looking for. Davey he considers is too weak against the left of the party and unsuitable to lead. Moran's party could shed the troubled brand and merge with the Greens. He definitely has a point. The post Ashdown party seems to move further left and become less and less relevant to the average none-woke punters and more totalitarian in attitude.

Layla Moran will kill off the Lib Dems. But I still want her to win
Layla Moran will kill off the Lib Dems. But I still want her to win | The Spectator

Supporting the Lib Dems has become fraught with frustration and dilema. Nick Tyrone is looking for a way out. Layla Moran could be the answer he is looking for. Davey he considers is too weak against the left of the party and unsuitable to lead. Moran's party could shed the troubled brand and merge with the Greens. He definitely has a point. The post Ashdown party seems to move further left and become less and less relevant to the average none-woke punters and more totalitarian in attitude.

Layla Moran will kill off the Lib Dems. But I still want her to win | The Spectator
It seems like it was only yesterday:

"Go back to your constituencies, and prepare for government!".

Blogg

LE
Now many question, or have the gravest doubts, about turning the UK Carbon Neutral.

So does Layla Moran: she wants the country to become Carbon Negative. Which sounds nice. Sure it will be easy.

And all other cunning plans?

"And while the party would produce the full policy offer, as the leader, I would turn the prose into poetry and communicate this to voters."

That's a very interesting article on the surface but once you read the article it's a case of Tyrone wanting Moran to win because he "Can finally turn my back on the party" I felt the same about a female Doctor Who but I'd still find myself tuning in to the show in much the same way a deranged smack addict staggers about the streets washing out his syringe in the nearest puddle. Always be careful what you wish for because you might just just get it

I do remember a couple of days ago one of the party members was on Talk Radio saying the only way forward was the party merging with the Labour Party I believe Keir Starmer has enough problems trying to rid the party of Corbynites so that should be a non starter

Now many question, or have the gravest doubts, about turning the UK Carbon Neutral.

So does Layla Moran: she wants the country to become Carbon Negative. Which sounds nice. Sure it will be easy.

And all other cunning plans?

"And while the party would produce the full policy offer, as the leader, I would turn the prose into poetry and communicate this to voters."
I wonder how many boxes she has ticked today?
From the Spectator last month:

1596550404784.png

Layla Moran's muddled radicalism | The Spectator

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Layla Moran?

Didn't Clapton write a song about her and her future leadership?

"What'll you do when you get lonely?"
"What'll you do when there's no one at your side?"

Wordsmith :twisted:

Layla Moran is so weird, she makes Alien Barbie (Long Bailey) look almost normal. If she gets the poisoned chalice of Party Leader, they will lose even more votes, if that’s possible.
583ACDD1-30DF-49EB-92B5-99B86E10B9A2.jpeg
ETA. I feel a bit sorry for the few remaining Lib Dem voters (not really!) - their choice of leader is almost as bad as what faced the Americans a few years back.

Last edited:
It still is bad. You can either vote for The Donald (Shudder) or vote for a Democratic who stole Neil Kinock's speeches (Shudder)

Lib Dem: who? Paddy Ashdown must be spinning in his grave. I think it's well past being 'a party at risk of being reduced to a bit player on the political stage'.

'The new Liberal Democrat leader, who will be crowned on Thursday, will inherit a party whose fortunes remain at “rock bottom” following a succession of dire electoral performances, the polling expert Sir John Curtice has said.

'The third party’s support has fallen to a 50 year low amid signs that it is still being punished for its part in the Tory-led coalition government of 2010-15.

'Sir Ed Davey and Layla Moran are vying to become the Lib Dems’ fifth leader in five years, with the victor facing the daunting task of carving out a distinctive niche for a party at risk of being reduced to a bit player on the political stage.'

Curtice needs to up his game if only for this alone:

' . . . for a party at risk of being reduced to a bit player on the political stage.'

Oh, rly?

Such a state was achieved some time ago.

Lib Dem: who? Paddy Ashdown must be spinning in his grave. I think it's well past being 'a party at risk of being reduced to a bit player on the political stage'.

'The new Liberal Democrat leader, who will be crowned on Thursday, will inherit a party whose fortunes remain at “rock bottom” following a succession of dire electoral performances, the polling expert Sir John Curtice has said.

'The third party’s support has fallen to a 50 year low amid signs that it is still being punished for its part in the Tory-led coalition government of 2010-15.

'Sir Ed Davey and Layla Moran are vying to become the Lib Dems’ fifth leader in five years, with the victor facing the daunting task of carving out a distinctive niche for a party at risk of being reduced to a bit player on the political stage.'

That's an interesting take on the reasons that the i give for their failure "still being punished for its part in the Tory-led coalition government of 2010-15."
Not going balls out swivel eyed loon remain then.

Latest Threads