Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lib Dems - remember them?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently this creature could be the new Lib Dem leader, although her credentials have been slightly damaged by an apparent penchant for domestic abuse. I suspect that the Lib Dems are not scheduled for a return from the wilderness any time soon so, should they go down the psycho route in order to fulfil their constitutional role to provide the light entertainment in British politics?

1553542960429.png

She's the MP for one of the Oxford seats (displacing Nicola Blackwood, now Baroness Blackwood). It appears from the local press that at least a significant cohort of her constituents wish that they'd stuck with her predecessor.

Oxfordshire, particularly Oxford, has been hit with a series of problems with er... Caravanning & Tarmacadam Consultants setting up temporary abodes at park and ride sites, and Ms Moran's failure to say anything about the problems caused, and her shutting down of people saying - rather mildly - that perhaps the visitors might be dealt with somewhat more expeditiously by the police (for criminal damage, untaxed - but very expensive motorhomes, etc, etc) by suggesting that they're racist didn't do her much good.

She's often found to be providing views on the major issues of the day, but remains quiet on more local issues - there's a sense that she wants to be the LD leader and the peons that put her into parliament can go hang. Whether this is fair/accurate is open to question, but there's certainly a sense that she has some ground to make up with a chunk of the voters to make sure that they put her back there. If Nicola Blackwood had run again, I rather suspect that she'd have got back in next time round, PMTM's failings or not.

There is a theory that the Cable plan to allow the next leader to come from outside the Commons is to offset the risk that Ms Moran will be booted out and have to cast about for a new constituency...

I thought that the smart money was on Jo Swinson, though.