Lib Dems advocating IRA terrorism

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Arfur, Apr 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Check out this thread from the Lib Dem forums, inlcuding this choice comment from one Lib Dem member:

Good to see the Lib Dems actually advocating terrorist attacks on the UK military. Nice.
  2. Gee, where do they get these mongs from, is he the result of the press putting ideas into peoples heads or he is a mentally retarded thick ba5tard?
  3. It gets worse.

4. That person isnt a representative of the Liberal Democrats is he, thats the same as taking a post off arrse and saying its the view of the British Army.

The person is clearly a misguided bigot - but is free to post on a message board, the same as anyone else on the internet.
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Who is this Darth_Tiberius dick ? He used JFK as his avatar and claims to be from Oxford, so a soap-dodging cnut who wouldn't know kak from clay I imagine.

If anyone's interested in an illuminating debate he can be contacted at :
  6. This is hardly "The Lib Dems" advocating IRA terrorism, is it? That's a bit of a Sun headline with no substance to it. What next? British deny Holocaust - because David Irving says so?
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

well said.....I spotted Air Marshal Tim Garden in one of the LibDem broadcasts, who also graces this forum...I doubt he regards Sinn Fein as liberation fighters....
  8. Whoa there.

have just looked at that site and agree that the Libs are sorting this Darth bloke out!

even I, in my liberal hating mode, would never be deluded to think the LDs would advocate such a thing.

The fact that he is allowed to post, only demonstrates the LDs committment to free speech

me thinks Lord G would not approve!
  9. Lets not forget that the Lib dems where (fairly) recently, led by Paddy Ashdown, who had previously commanded the SBS. Just how likely is it that their ideology has swung through 180degrees in a few short years?
  10. He did NOT command the SBS.....he was in the Squadron.
  11. It seem's the guy may be a closet IRA/Sinn Fein supporter.
  12. the cnut
  13. I bow to your superior knowledge, its all a bit before my time, but the point is still relevant.
  14. Have just caught up with this. I think the Lib Dems come rather well out of that discussion. In fact, you could almost exchange their thread with anything on ARRSE.

edit: errrm maybe not ANYTHING
  15. I believe as a Marine Captain in the early 70's he did at least one tour in the Province

Definately seen it from the sharp end.