Liam Fox background

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by school_for_scoundrels, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Everywhere you read blurb about Liam Fox it says he is a former civiliam army medical officer. What does that mean ?

Is he TA or was he sponsered with a bursary & an officer cadet in the UOTC whilst studying medicine at Glasgow University ?
  2. what does it matter
  3. Says it all M8.. 8)
  4. Well maybe if that is his background he might take a different view about the 100 year old traditions of the UOTC`s & consider it part of the basic groundwork towards helping put some leadership boots on the ground.

One multi million or billion pound aircraft carrier can get sunk, like the Titanic, on it`s first day out. Withdrawing the, by comparison, few coppers of funding for the OTC, which the previous regime proposed or has already done, looks like short sighted stupidity. The bankers forgot what basic banking was about & it looks like the MOD have taken their eye off the ball too.
  5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

After lots of investigation I have worked out he was probably -

A Civilian

working for the Army

as a Medical Officer.

May have got this wrong though.

6. Civillian Army Medical Officer.......

A civillian doctor employed by the MOD to work in a med centre.

Not a member of the armed forces.
  7. I hope he wasn't one of the docs that says to Tpr Fcuknuts "I can't see anything wrong but if you say it hurts then it must. How long would you like off?" "Er, about 3 months please doc?!"
  8. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Damn why didn't I ever get one of those...I got the ones who went.

"here's your biff go and see the physio who will beast you for a month to sort your hip out and the PTI who will beast you in the pool doing arm only lengths because you can't run."

9. Precisely, `a civilian army medical officer `, well done !

I bet you`re a special government advisor doing the next strategic defence review.
  10. Er S_f_S, based on your reply, am I correct in identifying this thread as a wah after the fact?
  11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

If Fox was basically a civilian GP he will have had experience of 'ordinary people' which is no bad thing in a politician. They don't come much more ordinary than the folks I sit amongst in the germ exchange while I'm waiting for my checkup.
  12. Silly bugger, did`nt you learn anything, you should have had your NBC suit on then should`nt you ?
  13. Quite !
  14. I thought Dr Fox was a disc jockey.
  15. Help me out you think SR is special, working for the government providing advice on a review of defence at the strategic level?