Liabour voters not even registering to vote

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Mar 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Op RUSTY VOTE anyone?

2. Very interesting, thanks MrPVRd

3. Will it be enough though?

4. Voter apathy, hardly surprising now is it :roll:

Lies, lies and New Liabour lies

5. Maybe its all conspiring to mean Labour wont go to the polls this year. A change of PM to that miserable theiving Jock and election next year? Or are they already committed?

6. The apathy out here has to be seen to be believed.

7. Where's here PTP :?

8. Talibanistan Minor Dui.

Actually , not strictly true, the Muslims are getting their people out to vote. I see an increase in the number of votes for '' Stone the whore she's wearing lipstick and the only good Indian is a dead Indian, get out of Kashmir, Bhangra monkeys'' type Islamic parties. Everyone else is just totally apathetic, and resigned to 4 more years of Blur.

9. I noticed this piece in the news item:-

Other seats affected include Bolton West, the seat of education secretary Ruth Kelly, where the electorate has dropped by 3,300; Enfield Southgate, the seat of education minister Stephen Twigg, down 3,000; and Norwich South, the seat of home secretary Charles Clarke, also down 3,000. An exception is Tony Blair's Sedgefield seat, where the electorate has risen by around 2,000.

Risen by 2,000?

I seem to recall mention, some time ago, of a pub in the Sedgefield district, where it was proposed that overseas ARRSE members might register as voters? :wink:

10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Surely they won't have to go to all the effort of actually going out to vote? Won't some helpful local Neue Arbeit workers be assisting them with their postal votes this time?

11. I wouldn't believe they could be that stupid. But in certain areas around here, English is the 3rd language, and I can hear the excuse 'We had to file that families vote for them, because they don't understand the ballot paper. Oh they voted Labour? What a happy co-incidence"

Yes another pet rant. If you haven't bothered to learn enough English to put a tick in the box, why are we giving you the right to vote? I don't give a tupenny damn where you are from, if you can't speak some degree of English, you can't vote. Ende.

12. PTP wrote

"If you haven't bothered to learn enough English to put a tick in the box, why are we giving you the right to vote? I don't give a tupenny damn where you are from, if you can't speak some degree of English, you can't vote."

Well said that man!
    You get my vote, erm tick, oh whatever!

13. From the Spectator. www.spectator.co.uk
    Registration required.

Labour’s stolen votes
    Rod Liddle

Article continues.

It may be unkind, but I do sometimes wonder where West Midlands Police loyalties lie.

At the Hodge Hill count, I was instructed to 'Get a grip of my people' because they were holding up placards and generally in high spirits. This while Labour Party workers were drowning out the Lib Dems candidate by phoning each other on cellphones (A reference to her day job and controversy over phone masts) tha Police did fcuk all to curb the abusive language and general mayhem from Labour Party workers, but made damn sure that Lib Dems were told to get back in their box at regular intervals.

The Old Bill need to sort it out, here's an incentive, start doing your bloody jobs instead of whining about investigating voting fraud, and you may get a Political party in, that will actually give you the funding you need, as opposed to talking about it.