LI Reunion weekend

ugly

LE
yes its around again already, anyone going up? The Regimental Memorial gets dedicated at Alrewas on the sunday.

I missed it as I was on holiday in Sicily and din't get back until Sun. Spoke to some other lads who said it was a good w/e.

In the You Tube clip the LI old comrades appear to be carrying a battalions colours at their reunion (with the colour belts worn back to front). Is that the normal form at these events?

ugly

LE
The old Bn colours were laid up sand the association flags look similar. The old belt thingies areused with the numbers etc still in place on some!

ugly

LE
The colours for 1LI are in Bodmin town hall the assn flags are almost identical to Bn flags with extra wording! I have seen that footage before and the colours as presented by the Queen aren't there!

I am glad to hear that the You Tube footage is not as it might appear, but that does beg the question as to what the association is doing having flags or standards made that have all the features of colours presented by the Sovereign, even down to the Royal Crest atop the pike!

ugly

LE
Frankly I don't see how it matters a jot seeing how HM Govt decided it doesn't need them any more, regiments, men or flagpoles!
You could argue that they shouldn't wear badges on blazers or medals!

Latest Threads