LGV on Military Medical

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Sockpuppet, Sep 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm just applying for my civvy LGV licence to drive C and then C+E.

    I was told at the TA that my current medical with them covers me for this licence so I dont have to fork out another £40 for it.

    Anyone know if this is true? DVLA are useless and the website is a joke for finding information.

  2. Sock,

    If a form D4 was completed at the time of your medical then yes, if not it's a resounding no. Speak to your unit about the medical, which capbadge are you?

    If the fact that you hold the licence is a benefit to the unit you are with then they may put you through the licence aquisition.
  3. I'm Royal Sigs.

    The unit does need C and C+E drivers for the Sqn CP but as its taken 12 months to try and sort getting B+E so I can drive an FFR (i already hold B and have B+E provisionally) then I'm not holding out hope.

    No D4 was completed at time of medical so I'll have to stump up the cash-o-la so that I can get it done by my doc.
  4. I would at least speak to your PSAO.

    It wil e deemed as an asset to the unit and if you are driving FFR's then you could drive the 4 tonner instead to assist with the CP
  5. I've just returned from my CAT C course and didnt need a medical

    My Unit sent off my licence and i didn't need to visit a doc.

    So I guess it is right that your Army medical covers your HGV.

    Hope this helps