LGBT Poppies?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's the ticket, Pols.

Let's ban Xmas, Eid and Ramadan as well. Who needs all that old-time mythical/historic bullshit from centuries ago, eh?
Not Xmas, I get a day off for that and loot.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
On subject of school and learning I do recall in English it being mentioned that Brooke, Sassoon and Owen were all bi or gay.
There are one or two poems about dead lovers in their writings.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's the ticket, Pols.

Let's ban Xmas, Eid and Ramadan as well. Who needs all that old-time mythical/historic bullshit from centuries ago, eh?
I felt the same about muster parades!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
A formidable bunch of warriors iirc.
It all rather goes to prove that orientation has bugger all to do with martial prowess - as you point out, once youre in HM forces you are a soldier, airman, sailor etc. Not a gay member of the armed forces, but a member of the armed forces who happens to be gay. Prove oneself a person who can be relied on to do a good job and uphold values and standards and what one gets up to with consenting adults behind closed doors is nobody's business.
They want to be treated just like anyone else...as long as they are treated special!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I was told this only today, by a younger relative of the fellow described below.

His grandad's brother, a blinded RAF Radio Operator who was injured during WW2 used to go off occasionally to make poppies at the Legion factory somewhere in England. He got paid, and it was part of his rehabilitation.
He was taught the following regarding the poppy. The red is for the blood that was shed, the black centre is the mourning, the green leaf is to be placed at 11 O'clock on the circle to represent the 11th hour of the 11th Month.

Well I never bloody knew that! But all the more reason not to mess about with it!

morsk

LE
Cnuts. Poppies are Red. Anything else is just shit. I doubt any of the money for their sale goes to the legion either. Cnuts. (and all the other coloured Poppies. They are cnuts too)

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cnuts. Poppies are Red. Anything else is just shit. I doubt any of the money for their sale goes to the legion either. Cnuts. (and all the other coloured Poppies. They are cnuts too)
Morsk Thou made I chuckle, I can see you don't like the CNUTS!

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
I wonder what the reaction would be if wearing a badge to identify your tendencies, sexual or otherwise became mandatory?
Used to have a bloke in high school who wore a pink triangle on his coat (this was the very late seventies / early eighties}, when asked about it he would give you some storey about it being the symbol for homosexuals, which then raised a question "What's one of them"? We weren't educated in that sort of thing really, but then again at that school not liking a certain type of music or following the wrong football team had you labelled as a "poof"......

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
It must come as a source of endless frustration and rage for these "campaigners" to discover that us old salts seem far more tolerant and accepting than they pre-judged us to be. The search for a 'cause' becomes more and more desperate every time "but what about . . . " is met with "don't have a problem with it really" and the real reason starts to emerge - it is simply the intense desire to be different so they can feel oppressed. What a sad existence.

That is not to say that there is not sexual prejudice, or any other forms of prejudice, out there in the big bad scary real world. But it isn't as bad as it is being portrayed. Some people have little scope for understanding just how fortunate they are to be living in this particular part of the planet.
I had a great discussion with my boss (female} when she started harping on about women getting paid less than men, she got a good head of steam for about five minutes until I pointed out that I worked for an organisation that paid everyone of the same rank and trade the same salary, and that the only differentiation was time in service increments. That somewhat dampened her enthusiasm, so she then went on to assume that I agreed with her, until i pointed out that she may be my boss but I was at least ten years older than her, had more experience in a lot of areas, and therefore should be paid more than her based on my worth to the company......

But then I think so many of us grew up accepting some things because "that's just the way it is". People have different tastes in music, food, clothing, they also have different tastes in hobbies and interests, what they see as the ideal job, and yes even sexual partners. Whatever it was, they were content with their lot, even if they lived in a council flat and swept streets or drove a bus or worked in a factory.

Then along came a generation who questioned everything, wanted it all, aren't happy with "just because" and insist that everyone should be the same whilst being different.

I blame the parents....

endure

GCM
Then along came a generation who questioned everything, wanted it all, aren't happy with "just because" and insist that everyone should be the same whilst being different.
That's the way that progress is made...

Bosscat

War Hero
Peter Tatchell has a face I'd never get tired of hitting. I still chuckle at the thought of him getting 'restrained' by Mugabe's henchmen when he tried his citizen's arrest stunt in 2001.
As for the poppy, well, the red one was good enough for everyone at its inception so it's good enough now.
Didn't he get a slap off the Ruski's back in the day?

The whole Rainbow Flag agenda is based on the concept of Hypernormalisation.
It's been used before, in the Soviet Union.

There's also an agenda to distract the Working People, using Political Correctness.
It's been employed via the Common Purpose organisation.

The Anti-Christ is behind all this. It won't be long before they implant RFID chips into our foreheads so we all need to stick our heads in ATM machines to buy things.

Tony Blair was involved with Common Purpose. If you removed all the vowels from his name, you get four characters - that's one character more than '666'. Coincidence?

Mate of mine is gay, and also a Mason. Coincidence, or part of a hidden Satanic agenda?

Join the dots, people.

Ah, so that's what "progress" looks lie. Well there you go. And what exactly are we "progressing" towards?
The End Times and the reign of the Antichrist, my friend.

How did they get a number of 200,000 LGBTQ+? Shirley that would be a case of "take the number who fought, look at todays percentage who describe themselves as LGBTQ+, divide one into the other and add the first number you thought of".

As some of these terms hadn't been invented back then, it smacks of a group wanting a piece of the publicity. At the end of the day, humans fought, humans died and humans survived. The red poppy remembers everyone on all sides.
Just to be clear, LGBT+ and those wanting to wear a rainbow poppy are not necessarily overlapping groups. Some of the straight social consciousness types might want to virtue signal by being seen to wear a rainbow version.

Many LGBT+ will be quite happy with and believe that the bog standard red paper type is the one for the occasion as that is what matters and should be the sole focus..

The Anti-Christ is behind all this. It won't be long before they implant RFID chips into our foreheads so we all need to stick our heads in ATM machines to buy things.

Tony Blair was involved with Common Purpose. If you removed all the vowels from his name, you get four characters - that's one character more than '666'. Coincidence?

Mate of mine is gay, and also a Mason. Coincidence, or part of a hidden Satanic agenda?

Join the dots, people.

The End Times and the reign of the Antichrist, my friend.
You cannot be serious!!! I did the letter removal thing and got the answer to be 6, I did that three times just to check and what I found was 6 then 6 then 6. Does that look like 666 to you? Maybe it does, the devil is in the detail as they say, maybe you are onto something, who knows?

You seem to be a little over familiar with the nuances of interior decorating for the fundamental Christian you claim to be. Is there something you want to tell us?
We have a number of Chinese friends but a visit to their homes is a bit like re-visiting a sangar, if sangars ever had plastered walls. No paint, just bare plaster owing to their superstitions about colours that bring bad karma.
Trust me, with light blue and orange walls you wouldn't be subconsciously trying to break the monotony by reaching for the frankie mag in the flak jacket you no longer wear .

(Five knuckle shuffles in polite company are also bad karma, and piss@s off the missus....... according to a friend)

Dredd

LE
Ah, so that's what "progress" looks lie. Well there you go. And what exactly are we "progressing" towards?
I think the way some see it is more "what are progressing from?" The destination is unknown but hindsight has 20/20 vision.

Latest Threads