Lewis Hamilton finds out he's not special

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
No but he's painted his helmet in rainbow colours so it now appeals to gays and other letters of the alphabet
And it makes you soooo angry -- you poor chap.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course you don’t.
Nope. Still gave no idea what yiur problem is.

Does anyone want to help ?

LH has a rainbow coloured helmet which will go over the heads of most local spectators. If he felt that strongly he could have thrown a sicky or, on winning, dedicated the win to ALL oppressed groups. As it is he's stepping from being a racing driver to grandstanding...again.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Having lived in the fatherland for 6 years, and being a red sea pedestrian, and having a mother whose extended family in Belarus were all but wiped out by the Germans, i am fully aware of what, when how and why they did.
Amazing how many people who are not aware of what the b*stards did, and the majority picked up life again in 1945 without any problem. The old basil Fawlety comment 'don't mention the war' was normal.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope. Still gave no idea what yiur problem is.

Does anyone want to help ?

LH has a rainbow coloured helmet which will go over the heads of most local spectators. If he felt that strongly he could have thrown a sicky or, on winning, dedicated the win to ALL oppressed groups. As it is he's stepping from being a racing driver to grandstanding...again.
Why is supporting minority rights ‘grandstanding’ in your view?

I’m guessing you don’t support them?

Because he isnt supporting them in the slightest, is he boycotting the event? Or is he saying something knowing that its not really going to affect his paycheck in the slightest?

Gone2ratshat

War Hero
As were Mercedes Benz, Ford of Germany, Krupp steel,( Now thyssen krupp) man trucks, I.G. Farben ( Now BASF) all of which the world still buys from. All of which used forced and slave labour from the death camps.
20 + years ago a mate worked for a German oil distribution company based in the UK , notice came the German CEO was going to visit and wanted to meet all employee's , now there had been rumours of the CEO being SS in WW2 but I dont think it was ever confirmed , anyway the CEO turns up and gets a tour of his business then ends up on the warehouse floor and makes a brief speech to the warehouse workers and finishes with "any questions" to which one employee pipes up " Would you have any idea where your lot buried my grandad after murdering him?" a lot of coughing and apologising by management and the CEO was ushered away , the warehouse worker kept his job.

You don't know me
Or my two friends who run my local, Mark and Mark. Or my very close friends in the village, Catherine and Jo(sephine). LH is not supporting minority groups, he is self publicising... oh, and both Marks agree because we chatted about it last night when wifey and I had dinner.

Go and have an early night, you're overtired.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I'd posit that grandstanding is sticking a sticker on your helmet, taking the knee and talking lots of meaningless words, whilst caring about minority rights might involve saying something to those who have or still do oppress minorities, rather than taking their money and advertising their products.

Have you been on a training course? Your assumption that because someone thinks Hamilton is a D1ch they don't support minority rights is straight from the Momentum book of Debate.

Onto ignore you go.

endure

GCM
You don't know me
Or my two friends who run my local, Mark and Mark. Or my very close friends in the village, Catherine and Jo(sephine). LH is not supporting minority groups, he is self publicising... oh, and both Marks agree because we chatted about it last night when wifey and I had dinner.

Go and have an early night, you're overtired.
Grand gestures aren't always appropriate or useful. Hamilton's helmet (fnar) isn't going to change the laws of Saudi Arabia and he knows it as well as anybody.

What it may do is give a little encouragement to those Saudi citizens who are gay that their plight is not forgotten.

Because he isnt supporting them in the slightest, is he boycotting the event? Or is he saying something knowing that its not really going to affect his paycheck in the slightest?
He's using the fact that they can't stop him, and they can't refuse to show it on TV to his advantage. It might not be everything, but it's also not nothing.

Grand gestures aren't always appropriate or useful. Hamilton's helmet (fnar) isn't going to change the laws of Saudi Arabia and he knows it as well as anybody.

What it may do is give a little encouragement to those Saudi citizens who are gay that their plight is not forgotten.

Yeah that foreigner wearing a rainbow on his helmet (Fnar) will really make a difference in their lives.

He's using the fact that they can't stop him, and they can't refuse to show it on TV to his advantage. It might not be everything, but it's also not nothing.

It is nothing, no one is trying to stop him, no one is trying to block it on TV, those who rule Saudi wont care.
He'll race, the locals involved in the race will make money, gays in Saudi will continue to get the shit kicked out of them.

Its like all the ******* who moan about the world cup being in Qatar because of their human rights record. We all know its just all talk and no action.

It is nothing, no one is trying to stop him, no one is trying to block it on TV, those who rule Saudi wont care.
He'll race, the locals involved in the race will make money, gays in Saudi will continue to get the shit kicked out of them.
If they don't care, then presumably they would be happy with anyone flying a rainbow flag for gay rights.

Latest Threads