Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis Hamilton finds out he's not special

Neither is he, he does though say he pays tax in this country, and both left and right leanings of the press also confirm he is in the UK's top echelons of tax payers. I agree with you I wouldn't pay tax if I could, and he is advised by the best in these terms, if they can't get him out of UK tax then he obviously has an obligation to pay it on some of his earnings.

I met some pads wives once who said they should be entitled to Kindergeld because they pay tax in Germany, what they meant was they paid a little bit of VAT.
Technically they were correct in saying that they paid tax.

Do the press have access to his tax payments? All I can find are reports that all link back to one statement about being in the top 5000 taxpayer without saying how they came to that conclusion.

Monaco? Everyone alleges that he lives there. He also spends a lot of time in the USA, but he wouldn’t be liable for alien tax. He may not be legally resident for tax purposes anywhere. That wouldn’t stop him paying tax in winnings.
Apologies, I thought he was living in Stevenage in this scenario.

Also - I think your understanding of the 90 day rule may not be correct for UK Residents. I'd need clarification there.

Apologies, I thought he was living in Stevenage in this scenario.

Also - I think your understanding of the 90 day rule may not be correct for UK Residents. I'd need clarification there.
The rules are pretty clear.

Hamilton is a nomad; that’s the nature if his job. If he resided in Stevenage he wouldn’t be domiciled in the UK for tax. He doesn’t spend more that 91 days anywhere, let alone the UK.

The tests aren’t hard to understand.

I met some pads wives once who said they should be entitled to Kindergeld because they pay tax in Germany, what they meant was they paid a little bit of VAT.
Technically they were correct in saying that they paid tax.

Do the press have access to his tax payments? All I can find are reports that all link back to one statement about being in the top 5000 taxpayer without saying how they came to that conclusion.
If you can find the ltd company he is probably paying himself from that will declare the tax paid. Most rich people do it by dividend payment which lowers tax exposure.

If you can find the ltd company he is probably paying himself from that will declare the tax paid. Most rich people do it by dividend payment which lowers tax exposure.
Or he is being very guarded about what he pays, if he buys a beer in a UK pub he will technically be paying tax but that not what people think of when they hear that someone is paying tax.
I notice that he claims he pays tax but forgot to say how much.

The rules are pretty clear.

Hamilton is a nomad; that’s the nature if his job. If he resided in Stevenage he wouldn’t be domiciled in the UK for tax. He doesn’t spend more that 91 days anywhere, let alone the UK.

The tests aren’t hard to understand.
I saw that you gave him a 3 month holiday over Xmas to try and get close to the requirements.

So, why bother with Monaco then?

Daz

LE
He should then be taxed at the appropriate dividend tax rate of 38.1% as an additional-rate taxpayer given his earnings

I saw that you gave him a 3 month holiday over Xmas to try and get close to the requirements.

So, why bother with Monaco then?
I didn’t give him a 3 month holiday. No sane top athlete hangs around in the UK in winter unless they play seasonal winter sports. You won’t find many athletes, cricketers, cyclists etc etc (or me) in the UK when it’s cold, wet and fucking miserable.

I doubt he resides in Monaco except in the minds of the press. He’s a vagrant!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What about Hamilton’s Tax affairs? I’m sure that the tax department of HMG Know exactly what tax he is paying and that he is paying what is due.
I should imagine he pays not a penny more than he has to and although it’s been well documented on here what I and others think about him I say good luck on that score, every one hates paying tax but we do it.

Mind you he would have paid for that court case.
“Oh Mr Hamilton, it is Mr isn’t it? Yes thought so here is the court bill, there is a little bit added down the bottom. PLUS VAT”.

Daz

LE

endure

GCM
"Lewis Hamilton has insisted that Formula One has a “consistent and massive” problem it must address with human rights abuses in countries it visits. The world champion was speaking in Bahrain which has been accused of sportswashing, torture and oppression this week and is to host the first of two consecutive races this weekend."

What about Hamilton’s Tax affairs? I’m sure that the tax department of HMG Know exactly what tax he is paying and that he is paying what is due.
I should imagine he pays not a penny more than he has to and although it’s been well documented on here what I and others think about him I say good luck on that score, every one hates paying tax but we do it.

Mind you he would have paid for that court case.
“Oh Mr Hamilton, it is Mr isn’t it? Yes thought so here is the court bill, there is a little bit added down the bottom. PLUS VAT”.
Which court case?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The man, driving talent aside, is a massive, uber woke, race baiting bellend, who I despise to the point of supporting any other driver over him.

That said his tax affairs are his business & if he can legally avoid paying, why wouldn't he? I would.

In any case doesn't flit between Monaco & Colorado?

The one that this thread is all about.

So actually an objection launched to the EU Intellectual Property Office against a trademark registration? One for which the lodgement fee is IIRC €500 which is not subject to VAT and is forfeit if lost?

bestri10

Old-Salt
"Lewis Hamilton has insisted that Formula One has a “consistent and massive” problem it must address with human rights abuses in countries it visits. The world champion was speaking in Bahrain which has been accused of sportswashing, torture and oppression this week and is to host the first of two consecutive races this weekend."

but it is alright for him to keep going and driving there too because he is getting a big paycheck, if he actually believed what he said he would boycott surely?

Latest Threads