Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis Hamilton finds out he's not special

32 million people in the UK of working age, he's the top 5000 of them as far as UK tax paid.

If he lives in Monaco why would he pay taxes here?

Also doesn't seem to have a problem not paying so long as its legal

Now of course, paying taxes when you don't have to is stupid, but avoiding taxes while dripping on how British you are, how people should donate to charity and how life isn't equal makes you a hypocrite.

Now of course, paying taxes when you don't have to is stupid, but avoiding taxes while dripping on how British you are, how people should donate to charity and how life isn't equal makes you a hypocrite.

Good enough method for the Queen to use apparently.

Some notable names include Queen Elizabeth, Harry Potter fame Emma Watson, and closer home Amitabh Bachchan and Vijay Mallya.

You can always ignore him and not watch his interviews or taking the knee bit.

His choice of cause to support is entirely up to him, he's not forcing you to take part.
Thing is he can’t really be ignored because he’s all over every media.

He and his ilk are also working very hard on forcing everyone to take part by pretty much stating that if you don’t take part you’re part of the problem, if you don’t take the knee you must be racist.

Answer me this question; when he was trying to make it in the big time was he chopsing off then on how the world should be run and how everyone should think?

In answering, try not to conflate the issue by quoting how hard he had to work and how talented he must be to have made the big time, neither are in any doubt. Wealth, talent and effort confer the right to do a lot of things, Lording it over your fellow mortals who are less well endowed isn’t one of them.

I admire the guy for what he’s achieved, worked hard using a talent and undoubtedly against at least some prejudice. I also like the fact that a Brit in a Brit car makes a habit of rubbing many others nationalities’ noses in it on a regular basis.

Then he gets out of his car and could be a normal person, albeit a very wealthy one, but chooses to be a twat. As you say, his choice, I guess you’d want me to decline my right to chose to think of him as a twat?

Now you’d probably say he doesn’t chose to be a twat which is a fair point but actually, ignoring the fact that people have different opinions to his, and in fact taking it beyond that and slating them whilst bemoaning them slating him hardly reduces his level of twattery does it?

Like the people he’s pandering to, Rashford is another one, they seem to be labouring under the misconception that when it comes to opinions, their’s are the only show in town.

Hamilton, Rashford, Lily Allen, Linekar, the list goes on. All have worked hard, have some talent (stand fast Lily Allen), have big money and big mouths. If all of them STFU and donated one day’s pay a year there’d be a lot more kids getting school dinners and a decent start in life and a lot less making money off the back of gobbling off about it and people like me being actively turned off from the idea of wanting to help change things for the good.

Some notable names include Queen Elizabeth, Harry Potter fame Emma Watson, and closer home Amitabh Bachchan and Vijay Mallya.
So go start a thread “Queen Elizabeth, gobshite tax evader or not?”

Once again I find myself asking, where in British law does it say you cease to be British when you chose to move overseas? I rather take the view that Brits who chose to live successful lives outside of the UK are ambassadors for the UK.

And if I ever reach the point in life where I can found a charitable foundation, I’d be pretty vocal about it. It’s marketing.

So?

Whats that got to do with Hamilton not paying his?

You said that he is in the top 5000 taxpayers, is there any credible evidence for this, by that I mean does he personally earn (for example) a million and pay 45% tax? Or is he part of some company that pays taxes because it in the UK?
If I lived in Monaco, I'd do my best to pay fuck all in the UK so I'm surprised there is a claim that he does.

Last edited:
Once again I find myself asking, where in British law does it say you cease to be British when you chose to move overseas? I rather take the view that Brits who chose to live successful lives outside of the UK are ambassadors for the UK.

And if I ever reach the point in life where I can found a charitable foundation, I’d be pretty vocal about it. It’s marketing.

Only no one said that, just as no one had the glass ceiling that you were dripping on about earlier.
If you talk about being proud to be British when there is a reward up for grabs, you would think he might want to pay taxes in the UK. Unless of course what he meant was he'll be proud to have a British honour.

I'm surprised with your business skills that you haven't already pushed the Novo Nordisk foundation into second place.

So?

Whats that got to do with Hamilton not paying his?

You said that he is in the top 5000 taxpayers, is there any credible evidence for this, by that I mean does he personally earn(for example) a million and pay 45% tax? Or is he part of some company that pays taxes because it in the UK?
If I lived in monocot, Id do my best to pay **** all in the UK so Im surprised there is a claim that he does.
According to you, you can't call yourself British if you're avoiding taxes.
I expect Hamilton has a ltd company in the UK and may have sponsorship that is unwilling to make payments to overseas companies. I expect he has to spend quite a bit of time in the UK with these sponsorship and Mercedes F1 commitments, so he is liable for taxes on these payments. If your that concerned take it up with the inland revenue.

endure

GCM
I expect Hamilton has a ltd company in the UK and may have sponsorship that is unwilling to make payments to overseas companies. I expect he has to spend quite a bit of time in the UK with these sponsorship and Mercedes F1 commitments, so he is liable for taxes on these payments. If your that concerned take it up with the inland revenue.
The Mercedes F1 team HQ is in Brackley.

Brackley

With Christmas just round the corner , a few suggestions for his lawyers

Hamilton Propeller Co

1606387300126.png

Hamilton Company | Hamilton Bonaduz AG

IT & AV Hire UK | Rental Services UK | Refurbished Computers & Laptops (hamilton.co.uk)

Hamilton, South Lanarkshire - Wikipedia

Hamilton Academical F.C. - Wikipedia

Well you shouldn't harp on about it, especially about charities and lack of diversity when your missing tax could help benefit those poor little black kids.

You "expect" but you don't know? Its abit like Bob the big time business man claiming Virgin Atlantic pay so much tax they have their own HMRC advisor only for be to point out that they have not made a profit in the last 3 years (or at all over 10 years) so how can they be paying tax.

Why would I take anything up with the inland revenue, they don't normally comment on individual cases, I was merely asking the background of this claim that he (personally) is in the top 5000 taxpayers.

I wait with bated breath...to see if he says something this weekend,about 'umin rights and, racism ?

After all, everyone knows that Bahrain is all for that sort of 'stuff' ! ;)

Well you shouldn't harp on about it, especially about charities and lack of diversity when your missing tax could help benefit those poor little black kids.

You "expect" but you don't know? Its abit like Bob the big time business man claiming Virgin Atlantic pay so much tax they have their own HMRC advisor only for be to point out that they have not made a profit in the last 3 years (or at all over 10 years) so how can they be paying tax.

Why would I take anything up with the inland revenue, they don't normally comment on individual cases, I was merely asking the background of this claim that he (personally) is in the top 5000 taxpayers.
I'm not the one who has an issue with him. If your that concerned do your own research or ask his representatives for details on his business activities.

I'm not the one who has an issue with him. If your that concerned do your own research or ask his representatives for details on his business activities.

Im not the one making claims that he pays so much into the UK coffers.

Why would anyone who lives in monoco pay taxes in the UK?

If he wants to put himself up in the spotlight and pretend he gives a shit about poor black people in the USA, then he can expect a bit of criticism cant he?

I can't wait for him to get the gong. He'll have to take the knee, but in genuflection and acceptance that the Queen is the head honcho and that he will be accepting all the facets of the Dominion. A bit like Lenny Henry. :cool:

Im not the one making claims that he pays so much into the UK coffers.

Why would anyone who lives in monoco pay taxes in the UK?

If he wants to put himself up in the spotlight and pretend he gives a shit about poor black people in the USA, then he can expect a bit of criticism cant he?
He pays some UK tax as he resides in both the UK and Monaco.

Latest Threads