Levison Inquiry......

James Murdoch giving evidence today at The Levison Inquiry....

Answers so far are

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

Terminal memory loss,this guy is going down eventually (I hope).....

I genuinely don't know, but does he have to say anything?

I mean he might be the cack even more if he just wrote a statement and then said nothing, is he under compulsion to say anything?

Under oath, but not under caution when 'It may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned..."-So any 'porkies' told to Leveson would become perjury- Which would certainly get him cautioned!
Probably best to contract Saunders' Disease (Reversible Alzheimer's) for the duration.

I genuinely don't know, but does he have to say anything?

I mean he might be the cack even more if he just wrote a statement and then said nothing, is he under compulsion to say anything?
Him, Jack Straw, Tony Blair and Margaret Beckett must have all been drinking from the same watering hole lately.

Watching Harperson and Prescott blabbing on about integrity and how ministers should resign this morning was comedy gold.

Mr Pot? Meet Mr and Mrs Kettle!

Watching Harperson and Prescott blabbing on about integrity and how ministers should resign this morning was comedy gold.

Mr Pot? Meet Mr and Mrs Kettle!
90% of Politicians are hypcrites. Watching Jeremy Hunt is much more fun though. And Cameron is far too close to the action to escape being smared with teh shitty stick.

I said at the time that when Vince Cable mouthed off and got shunted Cameron was playing a dangerous game and it would seem as if he was putting his own man in to make sure the deal went through. Hunt should be in control of his advisor. If any of this is true then he has to go. But he wont be the last

Hunt's advisor has resigned. Hunt to speak to Commons at 12:30

Suspect advisor going is not enough. Hunt ahould know what he is up to

I'm expecting that Murdoch Sr will put the boot in today. Dave should be worrying as it's my opinion that the Murdoch's will not role over and take a kicking for him. Prime Minister's come and go, Newscorp is far too valuable to worry about an ambitious Tory.

James Murdoch giving evidence today at The Levison Inquiry....

Answers so far are

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

I don't recall,,,,,

Terminal memory loss,this guy is going down eventually (I hope).....

It is, or can be, a remarkably effective defence.

I have to say though that all in all I really couldn't give a flying feck if anyone goes down over this or they all get a packet of sweeties and told to forget about it.

It's the media doing what the media do and very largely what their paying public pay for... Getting the scandal first, by any means necessary. If during a wee hack they'd uncovered an "Al Q" cell they'd be queuing up for medals and glowing biographies. Dead schoolgirls & business rivals? Not so much.

Meh.

Referring to Mr Murdoch's meeting with CMD immediately after the election , where Murdoch was asked to use the rear entrace to No. 10 to avoid being photographed,Robert Jay QC asks: "Did you feel that he was lightweight?"

Mr Murdoch replies: "No, not then, certainly, it was too early to make that judgement."

No denial he didnt make it later. Brilliant

To be honest, I think the Murdoch clan aren't too worried about this, but are looking over their shoulder at the USA. Once Barry O'Bama squares away a second term, I reckon he'll go all shock and awe on their asses, not least because of Murdoch's Twitter rant about Barry cosying up to Google and Silicon Valley.

Murdoch has nothing to lose in the UK anymlre. He won't be allowed to buy out BSkyB for a long while, longer than he has left anyway. And no UK government or political party will want to be seen to touch him. He can stab as many as he wants. I hope he does.

Agree with SauceDoctor, it's the US and perhaps Asia he needs to care about now.

I dunno..

The relationship between the political and media classes over the past twenty years has IMHO done a huge amount of damage. The behavior of all sides of the political spectrum has been shown to be corrupt, as has the core of the mainline press (and I include the broadcasters in this).

We have had collusion where we should have seen contention and vice versa. The result has been an enormous squandering of resources; physical, intellectual and social on behalf of a very small, selfish and indulgent group who have demonstrated a complete lack of moral standards, and an inability to see further than the next debate or edition.

That said, my major concern is where Levison is leading to? My distrust in the legal profession is almost as high as that of the political class or the press.

I really do worry about how we reverse out of the mess we are in without falling into the various pits of dictatorship, revolution, anarchy and ruin that surround us. Even my long term trust in the military as being a bastion of common sense and reliability has been badly shaken over the past few years...

Nature abhors a vacuum - if the outcome from Levison leaves a gap in the very necessary balancing function that must lie between the press and the politicians, then who or what is to occupy it? Who is to represent the aspirations and concerns of the 3rd estate?

Perhaps ARRSE should take on a lobbying role?

Latest Threads