Level 3 MATTS for FTRS LC, HC and RSG

As of 01 Apr 15, level 3 MATTS for the FTRS, should be interesting regarding medical cover and other aspects. What are your thoughts?

Care to elaborate?

For this training year FTRS HC, LC and RSG have to complete two PFA's, MATT 6 and MATT 7, but for those on HC or RSG, still have no medical cover unless on duty. Concerns amongst the old and bold here is provision of physio etc etc, the list goes on. Me personally, no problem with it.

The 40 days NTM kinda makes a mockery of the HC thing I thought

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

40 days notice to move where exactly?
I reckon someone has got their FTRS's mixed up, either that or they are either:-
a) Showing a massive lack of common sense in blindly applying the fitness is everything mantra.
or
b) Dicking FTRS HC about because they haven't got enough NRPS left to do it to.

Given the type of jobs usually carried out by those of a FTRS HC nature, how fit do you need to be to sit in front of a Dii terminal and swear at it all day?

FTRS sign a contract (occasionally referred to as a 'commitment' but in "legalese" means the same) specific to a period and a TACOS. If the MOD wishes to change the TACOS part way through that commitment then the individual concerned is entitled to be offered a review of their contract. In the case of 'HC RSG' for example, they are (were) exempt uniform and MATTs unless specified in their particular person specification for their role!

A few points.
1. No one asked you.
2. FTRS HC do not deploy, why do they have to smash PFA's
3. FTRS HC are generally a bit older than your average regular, meaning they are more likely to twat themselves doing a PFA.
4. FTRS HC do not get medical cover, meaning they have to rely on the NHS or stump up for private treatment if they do spasticate themselves.
5. You seem to have the intellect and grammar of a Guardsman.

40 days notice to move where exactly?
I reckon someone has got their FTRS's mixed up, either that or they are either:-
a) Showing a massive lack of common sense in blindly applying the fitness is everything mantra.
or
b) Dicking FTRS HC about because they haven't got enough NRPS left to do it to.

Given the type of jobs usually carried out by those of a FTRS HC nature, how fit do you need to be to sit in front of a Dii terminal and swear at it all day?
Are we talking about the FTRS Home Commitment guys who get paid 13% less than their FTRS Full Comitmment counterparts as they are non-deployable now having 40 day NTM?

1969peps

You seem to be getting very upset at being asked to do some phis? Im pritty sure QM tabbing on the same 8 miler as every else in Battalion and who can diploy up till 55 may disagree about oldies. Last point im sure the medic will pop your blister love

2. FTRS HC do not deploy, why do they have to smash PFA's
You don't have to pass a PFA to deploy, so why do regulars have to do them?

You don't have to pass a PFA to deploy, so why do regulars have to do them?
Really? I thought you had to be fully up to date with all MATTs before deploying. I know of a rather well upholstered major who was offered an SO1's billet on ops a year or two ago but couldn't pass his PFA. He got flicked at Chilwell.

Really? I thought you had to be fully up to date with all MATTs before deploying. I know of a rather well upholstered major who was offered an SO1's billet on ops a year or two ago but couldn't pass his PFA. He got flicked at Chilwell.

Yes really, I went on Herrick 8 without completing any MATTs or PDT.

I was attached to an infantry regiment on Herrick 12 because some clown couldnt pass his PFT so I took his place, he stayed in Bastion with the other biffs.

The Infantry had people in Bastion and Lash that couldnt pass a PFA.

I know of people taken 'at risk' on tour who failed PFA and AFT at Chilwell. 2011 in this instance

It appears to me that this FTRS HC contract and regulation thing keeps changing without various CofC informing those under thier command with whom it effects (alarming but not really suprising). I believe this is where most peoples problem lies with FTRS HC regulations and not with the fact that a little fitness standard and a classroom lecture on V&S really irks them (I hope)! From where I sit, I must admit that this FTRS HC thing is becoming a piss take by those who have undertaken that option of service!

My PSI balled on about maintaining our fitness levels as well as admin etc was as important as knowing everything else, I doubt anyone would have been on an operational engagement having failed a PFT, even STAB's can pass it

It appears to me that this FTRS HC contract and regulation thing keeps changing without various CofC informing those under thier command with whom it effects (alarming but not really suprising). I believe this is where most peoples problem lies with FTRS HC regulations and not with the fact that a little fitness standard and a classroom lecture on V&S really irks them (I hope)! From where I sit, I must admit that this FTRS HC thing is becoming a piss take by those who have undertaken that option of service!
Yes, the whole FTRS thing is confusing, but ultimately workable - bottom line is that as long as MoD can get the chap/chapess they require with the military skill set necessary for the specific contract, then the rest is extra.

For FTRS(FC), Matts is usually necessary to do the job (but the holder gets x-factor and allowances, which costs MoD), for HC generally not so and frankly, asking for PFA just generates a superfluous cost MoD is not prepared to pay (especially the health cover to underwrite the fitness requirement).

The professional requirement of my HC post for example, is identical to that for a regular of the same rank. However, since neither of us can deploy when in that post, my sorry arrse works out many, many ££££ cheaper than he/she would. If required, I can also stay there for several years, when the regular has to move every two - a big consideration where continuity is an issue.

Would I do PFA if told to (at 56); yes, of course (last one I did came well into the green) but only if the military provided medical cover 24/7, since I would have to do most of my training out of hours and pay for the gym facilities!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Army Reserve 1
O Army Reserve 47
msr Army Reserve 10